Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Folding the seats down to save weight, I'll have to remember that one! [Y] [;)] Maybe if I lie across the scales in my bathroom then I'll weigh less! Now I don't have to bother with that exercise!

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
The rear seat thing, It is rare that I fold them down, but it has to be
said that when folded they remove a bit of weight. Vertical seats exert
more downward force because the energy is focused on a smaller surface
area. When horizontal, the weight is spread and so is less per
Centimetre squared.

My be that s why all boy racers drive with the seat horizontal with them lying down? to go faster so they will weigh less

ROFL PMSL again and again

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
The rear seat thing, It is rare that I fold them down, but it has to be said that when folded they remove a bit of weight.
Does it really remove it or just redistribute it... The car as a whole will still weigh the same.

EDIT: Oops, thought it was andymac saying this, should have read the link properly first. My bad.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Particularly fell about at this reply :

FFS Mate ur babbling on about a 1.2 corsa sxi here as if its some sort of track weapon ,my sister used to have 1 a theese and tbf it didnt have enof power to pull a jews foreskin back ,of course she didnt drive around with the back seats folded down and the tyres over inflated for that extra BHP need to check halfords next time im in aswell for that aerodynamic polish (is this part of the MEGS range) lmfao ,keep taking the medication mate it will take affect soon enof .

EDIT:

Forgot to say I'm leaving this place and I'm going to buy a Vauxhall, the forums are just so much funnier !!!!

Laugh !!!! I nearly let my missis drive !!!!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Wow, I laughed so hard a little wee came out... OF MY NOSE!

Anyhow, what a jerk. He has a nice little car, nothing to be ashamed of, and then acts like it's an R32. Be proud of what you have dude and chill!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Wow, I laughed so hard a little wee came out... OF MY NOSE!

Anyhow, what a jerk. He has a nice little car, nothing to be ashamed of, and then acts like it's an R32. Be proud of what you have dude and chill!
Wee..... nose.....ha ha ha ha !!!! you crack me up mate! lmfao!

Folded my seats down!!!! See you on the strip lads!

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
It got me thinking, instead of having my drivers seat upright/slighty back, im going to adjust it right forward so my nose is touching the speedo, and also gel my hair forward, could shave seconds off my 0-100 time.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Next he'll be putting baby oil on his brakes and saying..

"I must have more power! It takes FFFKING ages to slow down! :D"

·
Registered
160 Posts
These are my favourites:

Reasoning for fully inflated tyres: "Like why you crawl flat across a frozen pond so as not to break the ice" - CLASSIC<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

"The car is always clean improving aerodynamic progress." - My range of Megs products gives me around +20bhp EASY, the quick detailer must give +10bhp alone!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts