Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the most effective way of cleaning the inside of the windscreen? it always left with marks/fingerprint in mine...

Thanks

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
If the screen is particularly dirty, I use a damp microfibre cloth with a little liquid soap - enough soap to clear mucky marks but not too much to leave lots of soapy residue on the screen. Alternatively, if the screen is free of dirt and is covered in smears, then i use a microfibre cloth and some vinegar.

I then dry the screen with a clean dry microfibre: this will give you a smear free, crystal clear finish.

Instead of soap and vinegar, you could also use on of the many glass cleaning products, again along with good, clean microfibre cloths.

HTH

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I use newspaper also, thought I am the only one. [:)] But you have to rub it real hard to get it clean. And if I keep the newspaper for too long in my boot, it will be greasy when I use it... Any easier way?

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Auto Glym Glass polish works a treat.

Its a rub on/buff off polish type solution that does not require pre-cleaning of the windscreen and removes EVERYTHING from it, leaving the glass clear as anything.

The stuff is good for mirrors etc too. And it never creates smears like cleaners do. (assuming you buff off correctly as you would a car polish)

·
Diesel & RX8 Fanboy
9,407 Posts

Its a rub on/buff off polish type solution that does not require pre-cleaning of the windscreen and removes EVERYTHING from it, leaving the glass clear as anything.

The stuff is good for mirrors etc too. And it never creates smears like cleaners do. (assuming you buff off correctly as you would a car polish)
This stuff is amazing. Nuff said.

·
You ain't seen me, right?
3,778 Posts

x3

·
Diesel isn't a dirty word
11,031 Posts

x3

Much better than the Fast Glass spray from AG [y]

·
Registered
263 Posts
AG glass polish for the first time and then AG fast glass to keep it tip top.

Another tiip for finger prints on your screen is to not touch it.....

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
with the ag i always found it to be dusty but i picked some glass glow from autosmart and its amazing. still a little dust but not as much as ag.

·
Registered
656 Posts

Agreed, if I dont have any I borrow my mum's

which also works a treat! I would say results are just as good. Make sure you get the old fashioned pink bottle like that and not the new fangled spray's, there no where near as good!

·
Registered
343 Posts

x3

x5 [Y]

Much better than the Fast Glass spray from AG

1 - 16 of 16 Posts