I have played about on p'shop and have come up with 3 options:

Black and red:

Posted Image

GLI style:

Posted Image

All red:

Posted Image

Opinions?

Also, is it just a case of masking off and lightly spraying paint straight onto the light? Or is there a special tint spray you can get?

Thanks

Kev

·
Registered
106 Posts
black and red mate,

you can get tint spray or a couple of years ago i got some paint mixed 10% paint 90% laquer. worked ok

·
I mean goraforever!
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
black and red mate,

you can get tint spray or a couple of years ago i got some paint mixed 10% paint 90% laquer. worked ok
Cheers URI [Y], will look into the tint spray as it'll probably work out cheaper than getting some mixed.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
All red, it turn out the best... and look the most proffesional, and you use light tint, i would probably laquer them aswell ..

·
Registered
379 Posts
Ooh, quite like the black and red option you've shown there, I probably wouldn't blacken them that much, and I'd make the lines wrap all around the lights too, maybe p'chop them like that and see what you think?

I've bought tint spray from Halfords before, it's about the same price as other places, unlike some of their other products.

·
Registered
22 Posts
all reds probably the easiest mate, i recently did mine and came out pretty sweet

just took a razor blade to any of the lettering on the lens, then sanding down the lens starting with 800grit down to 1500grit

3 coats of red tint spray from the bay then a final coat of laquer[Y]

·
I mean goraforever!
2,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ooh, quite like the black and red option you've shown there, I probably wouldn't blacken them that much, and I'd make the lines wrap all around the lights too, maybe p'chop them like that and see what you think?

I've bought tint spray from Halfords before, it's about the same price as other places, unlike some of their other products.
Hmm,

Before:
Posted Image
After:
Posted Image

Looks.......different, not a big difference but not sure if i like it over the first one to be honest. Will do more p'shopping and sleep on it [*-)]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts