Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey Peeps, been speaking to tintmasters in Preston after thinking about getting my car done, Just curious if anyone else maybe interested and look at driving the cost down?

responses on here pls.

Prawny

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers Martin, though only trying to gauge interest in a potential group buy in the near future. Adz, I'm looking to have this done either first week in January or first week in February. If there's anyone else out there interested in a tinting session then post on here and I'll try to keep everyone updated...

Prawny

·
Registered
344 Posts
I would be interested in this. Been wanting to get mine done since I got it (only 2 months ago lol). Would def like to go to somewhere/one with a good reputation. Im' based in South Manchester. Keep me posted

Ste

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey there Niknak, remember we tried this a while back? [:p]

Hopefully have more success now...... I'll keep you all updated one more and I think we can approach tintmaster for a deal...... and with Christmas here I think Santa is going to be very good to us all.......

Prawny

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Right guys Christmas is but a dim and distant memory, and we have so far five possibles so i'll approach Tint Wizard in Preston today and see if there's anything we can do on the price, Can you give me an idea of what we're driving? 3 door, five door, Audi, VW or Seat? Number of windows will affrect the price.....

Prawny

·
Registered
246 Posts
I haven't really looked at tints because of the change in law a few years back but keep me posted about this because I might be interested in getting some legal tints all around depending on how good it would look

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
I haven't really looked at tints because of the change in law a few years back but keep me posted about this because I might be interested in getting some legal tints all around depending on how good it would look
Legally now, i don't think you can have the two front door windows tinted, its just the back windows. I may be wrong but i have heard this through a couple of sources mainly mechanics and mot testers that i know, i would be interested to know if anybody else has any views/advice on this matter...

·
Registered
344 Posts
I drive a golf 3 door but I would want the 5 windows tinting.

As someone mentioned might be an idea to give tinter a shout but he needs a garage to do the work if he comes to us I think although I'm not sure where he is based. Seems like Cage and his mates / other members from here have been very impressed with the quality and his prices.

Ste

·
Registered
246 Posts
I haven't really looked at tints because of the change in law a few years back but keep me posted about this because I might be interested in getting some legal tints all around depending on how good it would look
Legally now, i don't think you can have the two front door windows tinted, its just the back windows. I may be wrong but i have heard this through a couple of sources mainly mechanics and mot testers that i know, i would be interested to know if anybody else has any views/advice on this matter...
Oh, I thought you could get the front done but just nowhere near as dark as you're allowed to get the back done. Maybe that's just what people have done in an effort to make it look like the front haven't been touched. I'd also be interested to hear from anyone who knows the regulations for definate

·
Registered
228 Posts
you can have everyone apart from the windscreen tinted, but the front two have to be a light tint, and personally i dont think it looks right if there not the same all round, i had my rover chrome to black for the last two years and got pulled but never got done for tints although they were illegal, i have been quoted ?130 for all mine doing in black on bora but i dont no weather to get them done because its so much better to drive without tints!! i think if i did i would just have a light tint all round though!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts