Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
796 Posts
I would go 35% all round mate, inc fronts.

I had 35% rear and 50% sides and while it looks nice I can't help thinking I would prefer a bit darker on the sides

my car is silver btw

personally I don't like it if you have diff tints on side windows, doesn't look uniform

·
Registered
574 Posts
yep totally agree with hornetrider, i dont like it when the front sides are lighter than the rear sides, this will happen a little due the fact that the front windscreen isnt tinted and will let light in as with the rear being tinted the rear sides will look a little darker!

I got mine by Tinter(Liam & Mark), great guys.

I went for 35% allround, and i still think it could've been abit darker, but the next % up would've been too dark IMO, but its just about right so im happy with it, i also got a Sunstrip done by them too!

I have some pics in my Phase 3 section:

http://www.uk-mkivs.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=48096

I think 35% on your would be just right!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hi

I had my tints done by Tinter Boys (Liam & Mark) "Another fine job"

Agree totally with sdesailly & hornetrider about not mixing the tints

Personally think the 35% look is the best but I went for the 50% due to legal reasons. Also I like it keep it subtle

Something to consider

Colour of the car & and the interior

my car is green & and the interior is also dark

Some people don't even notice the tints on my but this because it depends on the time of the day & the weather.

ps I am a Trainee Pharmacist [8D] LOL only joking

Posted Image

·
Registered
574 Posts
Mate, from what i can see in ur pics you have light grey interior, so i dont think that 35% tints will be a problem!

If your worried about the fuzz then this is what tinter has told me and clarified on here a few times:

"Any %ge of tints forward from the B-pillar is ILLEGAL, no matter how light or dark it is. The factory windows already have a slight tint to them as it is, which is just classed as legal. It just comes down to a pc plod thats very picky."

The way most on here see it is that if you have nothing to hide then just drop your window to show your face. I on the other hand have a sunroof so i just pull the cover back, and im gonna get some footwell lighting so hopefully it will light up the interior.

Ive had my tints for just over a month now, and have had no probs, i think if you drive fine and arent a nuisance on the road they have no reason to pull you over, and therefore wont really bother about the tints. Ive heard of people being pulled for doing something stupid and been told to get rid of the tints as they couldnt do them for anything else.

Hope this helps mate, at the end of the day its your car and your gonna have to live with it!

·
Registered
361 Posts
I have a light beige leather interior and I got 35% all round and I must say, I am glad I did, it isn't too dark ( so don't worry) as the lightness of the interior bounces so much light around. 50% would look as if it had no tint on at all with such a light interior.

IMO

:eek:)

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Quote: posted by MOB on 04/02/2005 17:36:01

Liam did my Clio - 50% on the sides and 35% on the rear - looks classy and doesnt attract the filth

I'd have thought the windows would have stayed clean regardless of the tint %

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Quote: posted by AdeMcG on 04/02/2005 20:33:57

I really should sort out some pics,..I will try this weekend.

Where is the best web page place to place them ??

I use Photobucket.com. Its easy to use. Just register. Click the Browse button and s elect your picture from your hard drive then click the Submit button. Click on on Copy IMG under the pic then right click to copy and paste it to where ever you want it to appear. HTH.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Quote: posted by Cluke on 04/02/2005 20:15:14

Liam did my Clio - 50% on the sides and 35% on the rear - looks classy and doesnt attract the filth

Mate i think he meant the filth as in the police!

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Quote: posted by sdesailly on 04/02/2005 20:55:06

Quote: posted by Cluke on 04/02/2005 20:15:14

Mate i think he meant the filth as in the police!

I know.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.