Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks, had my windows tinted 2 weeks now but i'm a bit dodge about the fronts........do you reckon i should get my fronts changed to 35% like the rest? i'm not very happy with 50%.....

what do you all think? Pic 1 | Pic 2 thanks

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
I'd say leave it as is. You are more likely to be pulled for a 35% tint on your front windows, and the associated hassle this could cause is not worth it..

Put your money to better use by changing those awful rear clusters.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bit old school aint they! but they were cheap [;)]

so the tints get a [Y] but the lights get a [N] ......what do ya reckon? R/C/C/R ?

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm liking the badge mate, did you make it up from VW letters or another source, i'm asking cause my mate wants to change his " GOLF" lettering to black.

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I say change the tints.  I've never been a fan of cars that have different tints front and back and it would look much better with the same % on the front and back windows IMO.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ah bollox, it's getting worse! lol....ok so match the tints up so it's 35's all round...and i think i might go for the RCCR.....i'm not worried about the cops getting itchy feet over my front tints cus a couple of my mates have got window tints which u cant see anything through and they've had no problems - yet! so i think i'll just risk it..

Chris the badge was made in germany from a website called PIDPLATES.COM it's great, although fairly expensive....just under ?40 mine ended up costing...but what a unique mod [:)]

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
My windows are 35% all round and i've never been pulled.  If you don't drive like a dick and make yourself noticed you should be ok....

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
none on the front are legal dude! mine is 50% on the fronts which is near enough clear still but thats still illegal, just depends if u get pulled and what kind of nob of a cop u get

my original idea of 35% all round it is then golfgirl! i wanted that originally but was talked out of it..

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
So, 35 % is darker than 50 % ? 50% of the light is let through and 35% is 35% of the light is let through ?
Correct. I believe the official term is called VLT i.e Visible Light Transmission.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
So, 35 % is darker than 50 % ? 50% of the light is let through and 35% is 35% of the light is let through ?
Correct. I believe the official term is called VLT i.e Visible Light Transmission.
Cheers marc ! Trust our wafty country to use a system like that.. a 10% tint to me would be a very light tint.. i.e. how dark it is, not how much light it lets through.

It makes sense to me anyway [:D]

·
Registered
379 Posts
I had 50% all round. Got pulled over and told my front tints were illegal despite being almost unnoticeable. Had to remove them within 10 days, drive my sorry a$$ all the way to the local vehicle inspection centre and get them to verify it again! If i didnt i was likely to face prosecution and a fine!! Like someone has said, definately more trouble than it is worth!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts