Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some may remember my post a few months back about getting caught speeding by a mobile van [y]

I sent off the first part admitting it was me driving the car then on the 30th November i recieved the form that you send your license and payment with.

Thought to myself ill pay it last minute and keep them waiting so i put it at the bottom of the pile.

Yesterday, slowly drifting of to sleep i suddenly wake and think about this and remember it said " Must be returned within 28days or you will face court"

My payment has been sent today and will arrive just a few days late to them, you think they`ll just accept it and get on with things? Seeing as its a busy part of the year and everything.

Let me know what you think or you have been in this situation before.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
The very last thing they want you to do is take you to court. I had my NIP, my 'Final Reminder' and then another 'Final Reminder' asking me to plead guilty. Each one telling me.... Reply, or face court, comprendeh...(sp)

I might reply now!

They will just be happy they took your money, they won't care less about anything else. Taking someone to court is hassle for them and then it goes into the territory of not being profit anymore, so yer, I think you'll be pretty safe!

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Yeah sure if they question it a bit of pleading and the I was waiting for pay day excuse will probably see you right, I wouldn't worry, like the man says, will cost them more to take u to court and its all paperwork....

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oops, I have recieved my license back already and a nice little letter.

"With referance to the above fixed penalty ticket, I am unable to accept your payment as the issue numbers on your photo card and paper counter part license are differant"

I totally forgot ive had 2 licenses issued due to the first one been stolen, so i guess i sent the counterpart of the first photocard. Dont see why they would be any differant though?

Can anyone help me understand this part too.

"issue number 18/18a must me recieved at this office within 28days from the date the conditional offer was issued"

Which part is the conditional offer?

Hope i can find the other counterpart [:|] can you just obtain a new one if necessary?

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
The conditional offer is the ?60 fine and 3 points. Not really 'conditional' though, only condition is you pay that or go to court and pay it anyway and more.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So i should be alright just to find the proper counterpart and send it back? Because its been longer than 28days since i recieved the conditional offer.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Just send it as soon as you got it. Keep ALL this paperwork. As if they do take you to court, you can show you have been complying with their requests.

Man, you worry too much, let me guess, first three points!?

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Haha Yes, first three,

Y`know EJO im only a nice innocent boy [;)]

The last thing i ever want to do is go to court. I cant handle serious situations. But like W36 EJO said , the last thing they`ll do is that so if i comply to some extent ill be alright.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Yep, that 'person that said that'....uh huh, t'was me. Glad I'm just a 'person' now....no no, leave it! [:'(]

Wait for your next three, will be like water of a ducks back [:p]

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Right, i have found my other Counterpart, this HAS to be the right one as ive only ever had 2 licenses, and apparently the other one was wrong.,

Now what i dont get is what was wrong with the other one?

And what part matches up from the counterpart to the photocard?

I see this is issue number 18a, so i guess the other one i sent was 18. , im just lost more than anything and would like an idea as to whats happening,

Do i have to fill anything in on the counterpart ?

Bring it on EJO. [H]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Right dumbarse!

1 (the one you sent) will not count. They will probably have a number on somewhere that corresponds to your photocard. The other will be correct and your 'real' licence.

If they put the points on the old licence, the ones thats inactive, it will void the points, therefore, unfortunately for you, they picked up on it and have asked for your real licence.

Otherwise it would be far to easy for everyone to have 2 paper licences and collect points on one and keep the other clean.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Haha, got you. I was under the impression that the 2 licenses were the same. Im a dumbarse [;)]

I owe you one for this EJO [{]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Or do what i did 99MPH in a 70 and TOTALY ignored them and never head another thig LOL
How many reminders did you get as I'm on my first 'final reminder' now and I gone past the 10 days thing, got my signed piece of paper in an envelope ready to send, but can't get to the shops for a stamp cus of crimbo, you know what it's like. The fact I got over 100 stamps in the drawer shouldnt matter, those are stamps for my business....and mr Tax man would not be happy with me claiming for personal expenditure [:p]

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
How long ago was that Dent? I havnt got the guts to ignore them, im weeping already and its only my 28days are up!

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
I was talking to a copper that does our local VAN (F++++++ W+++++) SORRY

and i was telling him about this LOL and his reply was

i quote "THEY HAVE SO MANY TO DEAL WITH THEY DONT CARE ABOUT THE LOSSES AS THERE ARE PLENTY TO GO AROUND"

wel that was it!!

WAR so i totally ignores the 61 in a 50 over PORT TALBOT bridge aswell never heard a dicky bird

TIPP

just send a letter to them like i did HOLD IN I WILL DIG IT OUT FOU YOU TO HAVE A GOOD LAUGH AT

1 - 20 of 24 Posts