Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I give up on this thief thing - Love the R32 but the hassle involved in trying to keep it safe is just nuts.

Thinking:

Passat 1.8T, Bora 1.8T (not a Golf), Subaru Legacy or Forester, A3 1.8T or similar. Any wise suggestions anyone?

Needs to be low key but fastish and Jap or German!

·
Registered
2,174 Posts
I'd go for the A3. However those cars you've listed are still "nice" cars in the eyes of thieves and you may have the same problems with theft/attempted theft etc[?]

Sorry to hear your bad news too, especially so soon after having it repaired[:(]

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It seems the R32 is very very desirable to scallies.

Loads of other nice cars on the street that seem to be left alone!

Paul - Looked at those but think I'll go for a cheaper car. A year or two old - May as well save if I won't be having as much fun. :-(

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anil - There are three RX8s on my road!

I'll get another nice car when I get hold of a garage.

Until then, it's low key time.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Know i'm sounding like a broken record of late.. but a Leon Cupra maybe? Not as in yer face as the R, but just nice. I got my Aug 03 car for ?11k with 13000 miles on it...

Worth a look. It's gonna be a big big comedown after the R32 tho mate...

·
Registered
581 Posts
my mate has got an A3 1.8T on a R plate and the interior quality is so much better than my X plate golf. I love it i think it has fantastic understated style.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Quote: posted by sutherlandm on 21/12/2004 16:17:09

I feel for you.

Have the RX8s been touched?

What is society coming to when you can'y buy the little things that bring us pleasure in our short lives?

After what happened yesterday (see RX8 thread) its difficult to know how to deal with it.

AnilS.

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Quote: posted by AnilS on 21/12/2004 16:46:06

I feel for you.

What is society coming to when you can'y buy the little things that bring us pleasure in our short lives?

After what happened yesterday (see RX8 thread) its difficult to know how to deal with it.

AnilS.

In that post, you say about splitting your house and car keys.. do you not do this already ?

·
Registered
445 Posts
Combined with careless people in car parks, this is why I will never own an expensive/desirable car no matter how rich I become.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Quote: posted by tylerama on 21/12/2004 17:00:20

Quote: posted by AnilS on 21/12/2004 16:46:06

I feel for you.

AnilS.

In that post, you say about splitting your house and car keys.. do you not do this already ?

No, not until today. Now they are split.

AnilS.

·
Registered
70 Posts
ever thought of moving away from all the bandits, I here the isle of sky has a low car theft rate. poo poo laugh eh, whats this world coming to

·
BORA owner!!!!!!
1,624 Posts
It makes my blood boil when i hear things like this, i sometimes wish i was a police man, but then again, i would be thrown out for beating the theiving scum to death![:(!]

·
Registered
836 Posts
Bora 1.8T.... And do a sleeper job on it, suspension brakes, chipped etc 16" steelies. Or an Octavia 1.8T.

A Leon 20vT is another option..

R32's do seem to attract unwanted attention!

Scott

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.