Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of getting a pair of Timberlands but don't know which colour to get or if I should get the roll tops of the boots.

Who's got a pair and in what style e.g. boots or roll tops?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Got a couple of pairs. The traditional tan ones in nubuck and a pair of brown leather ones. The tan ones have been going for about three years now I wear them most days in the winter and the heel is just starting to show a little wear, they last forever. The leather ones I use for walking trips and they are near indistructable too, great as they are fully waterproof.

Don't go near the roll top ones [+o(]

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Fella dont get the roll top ones i thnk they re well chavvy but thats my view.

Get yourself the standard tan colour ones they look sweet with faded jeans thats what i got. Maybe the dark blue ones aswell, try to avoid the 50 pence look though [+o(]

Carl [:D]

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got a couple of pairs. The traditional tan ones in nubuck and a pair of brown leather ones. The tan ones have been going for about three years now I wear them most days in the winter and the heel is just starting to show a little wear, they last forever. The leather ones I use for walking trips and they are near indistructable too, great as they are fully waterproof.

Don't go near the roll top ones [+o(]
ya my mate has had his for about two years now and his still look as good as new.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
I have a pair of dark brown boots, I bought them in the US.  Within 2 days the sole had started to fall off.  I took them back to the Timberland store where I was told that they would send them away for repair rather than replace them.  this was no good to me because I was leaving the next day to come back to the UK.  The Manager would not budge so I bought them back and repaired them at my cost.  I would not touch another Timberland product ever again.  it is the second pair of boots that fell to pieces on me.  I have also had a fleece unravel after just a month or so.  I will stick to Camel.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
If you get the tan ones, make sure you protect them with waterproof spray from day one. Don't use Timberlands' spray, but use Clarkes for nubuck best stuff around. Clean them every so often the manager at the Timberland shop told me the best way is to use fairy liquid in luke warm water and a nail brush. I do this every three months and they come up a treat, then just spray them again.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you get the tan ones, make sure you protect them with waterproof spray from day one. Don't use Timberlands' spray, but use Clarkes for nubuck best stuff around. Clean them every so often the manager at the Timberland shop told me the best way is to use fairy liquid in luke warm water and a nail brush. I do this every three months and they come up a treat, then just spray them again.
Thanks Mr. Timberland cleaning expert. lol [:D]

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I bought 2 pairs of Roll Tops last year from their shop in Covent Garden.

Have one in classic colour Pecan Nubuck (Tan/light brown) and a pair in Dark Blue with White Roll top which they don't do anymore it seems.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Beige with the low cut, no roll top. Only way to be!

Plus they cost me about £30 at a Timberland outlet store in the USA! My missus got pink suede ones for similar money too.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I have the pink roll top ones, i highly recommend them lol
Chav'tastic, I bet day iz well wickid wiv da lizzy duke bling, init [:p]

I had some many moons ago, tan highs, they wore very well & were only binned when they became quite battered. I guess the quality has gone down since then.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Try this website fella.

My misus designed and ordered a custom pair of Timberlands in the Bluewater branch yesterday. You can customise every single aspect of the boot and have them personalised with embroided initials or whatever. Anton Ferdinand was in there yesterday customising some boots with his WHU shirt number and initials on. Pretty cool stuff.

http://www.timberland.com/customboots/index.jsp?clickid=topnav_boots_img

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have the pink roll top ones, i highly recommend them lol
Chav'tastic, I bet day iz well wickid wiv da lizzy duke bling, init [:p]
for god sake, everything is being labelled chav these days. the way things are going, jeans are going to be labelled as chav soon.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
What goes around in fashion comes around. Don't forget jeans were once the preserve of poor people who couldnt afford proper trousers!!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts