Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have been looking through this site for a while now and thought i may aswell sighn up and show you my car. its only a 1.4 untill the insurance will go down enough for a gti. i have only one photo when it stops raining ill try do some more.

smoothed front number plate reces

badgeless

17 tt comps when the weather gets better ill have a go at polishing them

lowered about 100 mm

other little bits like sharan badges.

to come:

im in the process of a totaly smooth boot no spoiler either.

id like to do some interior stuff to like my head liner and momo steering wheel when i have a bit more spare cash.

have a look tell me what you think ..

Posted Image

·
Registered
512 Posts
Always wondered what those alloys would look like on a slammed golf, definately a winner.
Have you thought about having them polished up? Your motor looks very tidy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
man you cars looking fresh, did you polish them yourself? strange how alike they look haha. there bridgestone tyres and with the arb im just using ajustable droplinks for the time being..

·
Registered
259 Posts
cheers, yours too...

yeh i did, i bought them off ebay and the guy who had them before tried spraying them matt black and honestly did i sh*t job lol.

ill post some pictures.

and it is strange [*-)] seen another round my area afew times too but a gti, same colour and wheels..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
mate they look so sweet. did it take long? how would you go about doing it just strip them and a load of polishing?

·
Registered
259 Posts
a while.. lol

i started by using an electrical circular sander to strip of all the paint. Then by hand i used different grit wet and dry sandpaper to get the wheels as smooth as possible, i went upto 1200 grit. (halfords do a project pack with different grits in)

when sanding keep going in same direction..

then i just used brasso, and a car polisher, adding bits of water to keep polishing head wet then to polish till shiney [:D] (be patient)

iv heard autosol is good for polishing too.

if you havent got a polisher just get a foam polishing head off ebay and use an angle grinder, just be careful because its fast.

·
Registered
259 Posts
well when i came to re-polish them after the winter it rubbed some of the black paint off, so i need to touch them up but its all upto you, go sick and do the insides pink or orange [:D]

·
Registered
473 Posts
loving your car.

can you buy the bumper strip without the number plate recess. or did u mod the existing?

and i like them pink tt comps lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
my one is the old one filled in but i belive you can get a us rubstrip and chop it slightly to fit these bumpers not sure though[*-)]

1 - 20 of 22 Posts