Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Im not a fan of these at all on an audi i like em but ti think the standard light setup is best IMO, but each to their own i guess, if you like and you got the cash then why the hell not buddy go for it !

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like them, but they are 100% useless for anyone with an SMIC like the TDI (excluding PD150) and 1.8Ts.
Has that got something to do with airflow to the intercooler by any chance. I think i've heard something like that before ref foglights[:(]

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Propper OEM daytime running lights...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Simple solution.... Fogs on when its not foggy get you a nice £60 fine. LED strips on any car other than the ones that come out the factory look chavvy and shows everyone you have an ebay account. so as pics show...

LED bulbs so the po po cant nick you as white leds on the front of cars ARE NOT ILLEGAL as merc, Audis and such have them as standard. So fitting white LEDs in a bulb fitment is also NOT ILLEGAL. You keep the OEM look without looking like a chav and you have LEGAL Day time running lights. i use the same bulbs in the mini projectors as my side lights too.

There are loop holes in the law, and they are there to be used. If a trial went to court it would go no where as there is no law being broken, only the copper career for being a toss pot jobs worth!

this is just my opinion about the led strips.... please no one take offence. I used to run them about 5 years ago before everyone under the age of 19 ran them on there mums saxo and spoilt the reputation and look of them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts