Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hahaha, this is like looking at old school photos! Oh, man! Those skinny tyres! The wheels look like they're gonna snap any second, and that rear wheel arch gap?! PMSL! LMAO! You could fit an elephant inside there! [:D]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now...

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Lmao @ the old wheels. You really have looked after that car well, and gave it alot of justice dropping it and changing the wheels [:)]

Now whats your next plans?

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Looks like a great transformation mate.. bet your pleased with yourself.. soooo shiu how many pics have you got of your car overall.. im just really curious now lol..

Sat [y]

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Schu - my mum had those wheels and tyres on her car (eco-contact). They had no grip but the rear set were never changed and lasted 8 years (41 K)!!!

Her new jazz is running Potenza's Re040's no danger of them lasting that long!!!

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
LOL! Not spending any more money on this car, from now it's maintenance and fixing stuff like dents and scuffs (3 dents, and front bumper could use a respray). Gearbox needs rivets replaced with bolts before it goes bang. Oh, got a Milltek under my desk at work - still - that needs fitting, then that's about it [:D]

Hmm, I have a few pics of my car [:D]

8 years! [:O][:D] Yeah these "economy driving" tyres are quite hard wearing but have poorer grip.

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Get that milltek on Shiu! I would never be able to just leave it under my desk like that! would be too excited to get it on the car! How much did that set you back?

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I take ages with my stuff LOL, even simple stuff like ARB drop links, took me months to get those on. I really brainstorm everything before I go ahead. The Milltek is cat-back (front silencer as well) and was 300 notes from Awesome, I had been putting it off due to concerns about fitment, but now I have seen one fitted in the flesh (mine's the discreet version, hidden tail pipes) I can go ahead when I get time. Got too much on, LOL. So you coming to Tayyabs on the 9th? Extra date added - click link in my sig [;)] That goes for everyone [:D][Y]

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
i think the zorst has got to be up there in me 'to do' list (once i get some money together)! Is there a difference in the sound? [:$]

Don't think i will be able to make it on the 9th! have got a mates birthday, so will be going out for that, but if am going past the area, mite do a drive-by, and check the rides! [;)] Its in mile-end isn't it?

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The sound is a subtle deep rumble at idle which sorta just gets louder as you rev, it's not a boy racer sound at all. PM me your e-mail address and I'll send you a video clip of a Milltek (4Motion style with visible twin pipes) on a 1.6. It's revving in neutral though, which is never how a car sounds when you're driving it (usually sounds much better under load, I know my induction kit does).

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Funny you mention that, I look at cars nowadays and think "Christ you could get a barge in that gap" on most of them.

Never would have even thought about it 18 months back [;)]

C

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
A suspension drop...nice set of wheels and a few small touches.

Its amazing how a few small things can transform a car from ordinary to extraordinary[Y]

GOOF

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cheer dude, nah that was straight from the camera, quick snap in full auto in broad daylight. I only alter my pics in very obvious ways to stylize them and even then very rarely, I'm so lazy [:D]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts