Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On some other sites I use (such as Briskoda) there is a thread preview function, whereby you can hover the cursor over the title of the thread and see the first few lines without actually having to open it.

This is very useful when titles are not very descriptive and you have a slow connection or limited time to surf (i.e at work at lunch time). You can find out if a thread interests you or not without having to wait for the page to load.

Does the forum software allow this?

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
sounds like a great idea, especially for dial up, but even for us lazy broad banders who simply cant be bothered to click [:D]

·
Registered
611 Posts
There is a free IE plugin called Browster
which allows you to open a link without clicking, you just hover the
mouse over a special box, I've just started to use it and its
quite useful, it apparently works with Firefox as well.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
The preview feature on Briskoda and SCN is really good, infact the whole forum setup with vBulletin seems good. I sometimes wonder why the preview isn't working on here and then realise.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
How do you use it - having hovered my mouse over some of the topics in Active Topics there isn't much happenening [:|]

Firefox 1.5 on XPSP2.

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
How do you use it - having hovered my mouse over some of the topics in Active Topics there isn't much happenening [:|]

Firefox 1.5 on XPSP2.
Doesn't work on FF, only IE. The software uses the wrong tag attribute to display the preview.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Can't actually get it to work either [:'(]

I'm using IE, although I'm not sure which version (at work so it may be older- possibly version 5?)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts