Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
someone told me that the water bottle for yout windscreen jets has to be a different size? ie the one from the S3..

any advise on this?

if true could someone help with the part number?

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
no mate.all you need is the 5.5ltr washer bottle.you may have that to star with?

if not the filler hole doesnt line up with the hole on the cover.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
if you have a 5.5ltrone it will say on the top of it.

if not you can get the bottle you need from vw dealers.about ?10

but the S3 cover works out to about ?80

let me know what youve need and i'll look at the part numbers on mine.

jase.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
the 5.5ltr bottle only comes on cars with headlight washers.so you will need to block out the extra hole that the pump for the headlight washer goes in.i just blocked it with a grommet and silliconed it in.

there is 2 bolts holding the bottle in and a locating lug with a rubber washer on the bottom,just a tip but glue the washer on to the bottle as it just keeps falling off when trying to get the bottle in position.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol your going to have to spare some time for me and get me the code..

is the bottle from a S3 or say a R32 etc?

went to VW even though ive got parts from there before without a VIN for some reason they asked today.. i looked blank at them and said.. i dunno lol...

wouldn't let me have parts without it now.. so i kicked up a fuss.. and just got upset lol. and walked out like a baby would he he!

btw.. glue'in the washer.. thats so badly cheating its untrue lol..

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Ive got headlight washers so I could just get the cover, thought I read somewhere about the header tank needed changing? [*-)]

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
lol your going to have to spare some time for me and get me the code..

is the bottle from a S3 or say a R32 etc?

went to VW even though ive got parts from there before without a VIN for some reason they asked today.. i looked blank at them and said.. i dunno lol...

wouldn't let me have parts without it now.. so i kicked up a fuss.. and just got upset lol. and walked out like a baby would he he!

btw.. glue'in the washer.. thats so badly cheating its untrue lol..
Probably because they are too thick or lazy to find the bottle without the VIN, try another dealer [:D]

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Ive got headlight washers so I could just get the cover, thought I read somewhere about the header tank needed changing? [*-)]
header tank doesn't need to be changed pal.

richie i will get part numbers for you tomorow in the day light.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
header tank doesn't need to be changed pal.

richie i will get part numbers for you tomorow in the day light.
Sound, that will be a future mod then [H]

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
Part no for the 5.5ltr washer bottle is 1J0 955 453 L / Q for the automatic.

If anyone want to retrofit the headlamp washer system. I've got two spare 389 relays. These replace your existing wiper relay, you need to feed one wire + from the relay into the engine bay to the headlamp washer pump. I might even have a spare low water level sensor for the washer bottle and I've got a few connectors for the headlamp washer pump as well

Cheers
Ray

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
jsut had a look at mine.for a 1.8t parts i used were...

bottle part number is...1J0 955 453 K/L (the low level sensor is just taken out of the old bottle,just need to plug hole for extra pump)

S3 cover...8L9 103 928 A

bracket...NO 103 946 A

also need the screw to hold the cover down to bracket,but there is no part number on it.

·
Registered
4,381 Posts
jsut had a look at mine.for a 1.8t parts i used were...

bottle part number is...1J0 955 453 K/L (the low level sensor is just taken out of the old bottle,just need to plug hole for extra pump)

S3 cover...8L9 103 928 A

bracket...NO 103 946 A

also need the screw to hold the cover down to bracket,but there is no part number on it.
J do you have pics of the covers on your engine bay. Does anyone have a pic of these covers fitted on a TDI

I would have done a search on the forum but search facilty is down

Cheers
Ray

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
i know its a old post was just wondering if anyone can update with some pics of the engine covers as im interested, does any one know the prices ?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts