Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas on the producs for keeping those exterior black plastic bits looking pristine?

My rear bumper valance is black and in the past, I've found that things such as 'Armor All' etc. haven't worked very well (on previous cars) as it rain spots very easily, leaving streaks all over freshly treated door protectors, handles and bumper bits etc. Any suggestions?

[:)]

·
Registered
424 Posts
trim detailer is good, but my guys use plastic conditioner(autoglym),as it last's longer...The secret is not to apply 2 much as it can run when it rains....

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote: posted by john_wintle on 29/01/2005 20:16:38

Have you tried a product available at the supermarkets that costs about 59p.......keep guessing?

Black shoe polish?

Pledge furniture polish? (No,I don't think so)

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Quote: posted by john_wintle on 29/01/2005 20:16:38

Have you tried a product available at the supermarkets that costs about 59p.......keep guessing?

Peanut Butter [:D]

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Quote: posted by MOB on 29/01/2005 22:47:43

Peanut Butter [:D]

Really? I would look and feel like a right clown smearing that all over my cars plastics... [:D]

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Something to do with the oils in the butter I think - supposed to be very good for plastics

Or maybe I dreamt it [?]

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I've heard that too.. reading this just jogged my memory.. it's meant to be good for removing something too. I forget now. Bugger !

·
Registered
521 Posts
MOB got it, he's right.

Especially good if the plastic has white staining etc on it. It is due to the oils in it.

BTW if you get hungry while doing your car......

John.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I've heard penut butter is good for removing white polish stains but I wouldn't do the whole car with it.

I've used Autoglym stuff and meguiars. Autoglym defo better and longer lasting but you need to spend some time rubbing it in well. Don't apply too much as it becomes greasy and dirt sticks to it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts