Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nokia N70. Saw it yesterday at Toys for Big Boys exhibition and Vodafone are releasing it in a few weeks... 2Mil pixel camera and a few nice additions to the 6680 which I've had for a bit. It's a nice looking phone I think...

Posted Image
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

http://img.ferra.ru/pubimages/76898.jpg

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Yeah it looks like a decent phone with some good features. I'm tempted to either go for one of these or wait a couple of months and get the N80.

I was also looking at the N91 which is due out soo, but its more a music player than a phone (4GB hardrive) and seeings as I always have my Ipod it would be a waste of time.

Can you give us a review when you get it Irish[Y]

Lee

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeh will do. The 6680 I have is probably not that different but I'm a sucker for gadgets!

Anyone know what the story with the N series and shorter numbers is about? Are Nokia breaking away from the 0000 model name I wonder?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
8800 only has .5M camera and not 3G...

The N70 is no bigger than phone I already have and only slightly bigger than the current small Nokia phones when you actually put them side by side.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Yaaawn

How can people get excited about a phone? i dunno maybe its just me.

Phone companys are making millions from these people who 'have to have the latest phone'

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yaaawn

How can people get excited about a phone? i dunno maybe its just me.

Phone companys are making millions from these people who 'have to have the latest phone'
Why bother reading it then!! [:#]

3G is faster for browsing yeh.

Had the 6310 Carlos, the 3G ones are better IMO [Y]

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
I have similar discussions in the office. I have a 6310i for the car ( due to the factory phone install and VW being so slow ) and a 6820 when I travel so that I can pick up my e-mail. A guy in the office wants the N70 "coz then we can see each other when we talk ".Who cares ? For about ?1/min ??? Its a business tool, you don't need to see each other !! Or download video clips...or ringtones...

Anyway, if we go 3G when our contract expires in March, can I use a 3G SIM in my 6310i ? Anyone know ?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Not sure... obviously 3G phones work on 2G a lot of the time when it can't pick up 3G coverage.

Can't comment on UK but certainly here in Ireland 3G calls with Vodafone are the same price as normal voice calls and mine can be used as part of my 1,000 mins a month.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Anyway, if we go 3G when our contract expires in March, can I use a 3G SIM in my 6310i ? Anyone know ?
Mine 3G SIM works in non 3G phones so you should'nt have any problems.

I've had my N70 for a few days now and i have to say it's probably the best phone i've had. I liked my SPV C500, but missed the simplicity of a Nokia.

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I'm looking at switching our handsets from T-Mobile to Vodafone, we can get down to ?2.40 line rental and the coverage is better. 02 are reasonable for business but not very good for private customers. You can block ringtone numbers and messaging services to stop you sending pictures with Vodafone.

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
line rental for ?2.40 with Voda ? How many handsets, Steve ? and what are the call charges ? I think we pay ?7 with o2 and abt 5.5ppm - we have 12 handsets

·
Registered
837 Posts
You all need to get a proper phone like a 6310i
No joke, the most reliable phone I've ever owned. Took 3 years of abuse until I swapped to a 7610i. It still works fine now. In fact, I've just reached over and powered it on and it still has 6 of the 8 battery indicator lights on. It hasn't been charged in 3 years and that's the original battery. Wow. It's like an old friend. Nice fast user interface unlike the Symbian one on my 7610i.

However, when it comes to changing time, that N70 sure looks nice...as long as it's not too big. I'm a sucker for gadgets too [:)]

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
250 Handsets,

?2.40 per month ex VAT (no minutes, I don't beleive in them)

I cannot find my revised prices but calls are slightly less than,

5.53p peak 2.73 off peak (peak is 8am - 7pm Mon/Fri)

Calls to Vodafone are as above

X network is around 16p and 13p off peak

SMS is just under 5p each,

Were working on Data charges.

Included is 190 Nokia 2600 and 50 6822's although these are also for discussion, The person who I deal with is based at the Newark office, PM me if you want her details

1 - 20 of 29 Posts