Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
October 2006 - Only a couple of bits, an oil change, a front Anniversary valance (cheers Steve [y])

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

a few grey and murky mornings....

Posted Image

and a new rear bumper project (work in progress)

Posted Image

also cut back and welded the old rubstrips in, looks messy at the moment though...

not doing any more this year, the wheels and front valance are coming off in a few days. 16" steelies will be run until I get these rims powdercoated (any colour suggestions welcomed [y]) and the rear wiper's going back on for the winter and the darkness it brings. Look forward to next year I may even have new rims then [:D]

cheers, P

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Lookin sweet as always Pat !

What is that contraption thing in the top pic.. does it suck the oil out ? If so, how much and where from ?

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
[y][y] cheers chaps

What is that contraption thing in the top pic.. does it suck the oil out ? If so, how much and where from ?
Hi Dan, yeah it is a PELA 6000 Oil pump extractor. Just warm the engine, pop the tube down the dipstick hole, pump it about 20 times and out comes the old oil. Whip the filter off, put new one on and refill with new oil! It's a great thing, cost me about ?35 on eBay, I think a few lads on here use them [:D]

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
[y][y] cheers chaps

Hi Dan, yeah it is a PELA 6000 Oil pump extractor. Just warm the engine, pop the tube down the dipstick hole, pump it about 20 times and out comes the old oil. Whip the filter off, put new one on and refill with new oil! It's a great thing, cost me about £35 on eBay, I think a few lads on here use them [:D]
You a leg-end Patrick ! Just what i'm after ! I;ve been thinking bout doing my own oil changes but don't wanna do it on my mates drive and get oil all over the place and doin it in the road outside is not ideal.. this is JUST what I need.. cheers for the info mate !

·
Registered
936 Posts
[y][y] cheers chaps

Hi Dan, yeah it is a PELA 6000 Oil pump extractor. Just warm the engine, pop the tube down the dipstick hole, pump it about 20 times and out comes the old oil. Whip the filter off, put new one on and refill with new oil! It's a great thing, cost me about £35 on eBay, I think a few lads on here use them [:D]
You a leg-end Patrick ! Just what i'm after ! I;ve been thinking bout doing my own oil changes but don't wanna do it on my mates drive and get oil all over the place and doin it in the road outside is not ideal.. this is JUST what I need.. cheers for the info mate !
There was a group test on oil extractors on auto-express only afew weeks back, cant be arsed to find the link so just do a google, i'm sure you'll be able to find it no probs.

EDIT: Changed my mind, found it for you lot [LINK], the screwfix one came out top but unfortunately the PELA wasn't in the test.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
[y][y] cheers chaps

There was a group test on oil extractors on auto-express only afew weeks back, cant be arsed to find the link so just do a google, i'm sure you'll be able to find it no probs.

EDIT: Changed my mind, found it for you lot [LINK], the screwfix one came out top but unfortunately the PELA wasn't in the test.
How big capacity wise is your Pat ? I can only find this one on Ebay and it's only 2 litres, spose I could empty it once half way through though.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Oil-Extractor_W0QQitemZ120045791979QQihZ002QQcategoryZ15263QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Found the 6 litre one ! Woohoo :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-6ltr-OIL-EXTRACTOR-CHANGE-VACUUM-SUCTION-PUMP_W0QQitemZ140045779621QQihZ004QQcategoryZ30928QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
that's the one indeed [:D] I see Mr Tabron 'bought it now' - I got mine from a different seller 'telecomman' or something like that, he almost always has 1 or 2 on eBay. Pretty sure the Screwfix one is the same as Henry said, mine came in a American box so I guess it's an import [:)]

thanks to everyone else for the positive comments [:)][y]

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
... mark hasn't bought that for oil changes hes bought to steal old chip fat to run the diesel weasily jalopy on......

·
Registered
7,467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
[:D] hehe that's it Andy

don't worry too much Mark they're on eBay all the time

in fact the fella I got mine from has one on at the mo

Clicky

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
[:D] hehe that's it Andy

don't worry too much Mark they're on eBay all the time

in fact the fella I got mine from has one on at the mo

Clicky
Weeeeird.. the one mark bought is in the south east.. yet the one you've linked to is in cheshire and he even says if your in the manchester /liverpool area you can collect it cos it'll be cheaper !

1 - 20 of 29 Posts