Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i think the time has come to say goodbye to my Golf. Ive lost the enthusiasm i once had for it and even when i spend a few more pounds on a new toy for it the enthusiasm doesnt last long.

Im thinking of a BMW 525i with Sports pack and all the toys, probably an X reg, silver or black with black leather.

I dont know weather to sell my golf as a private sale or just trade it in. I had problems selling my last car which was modified, and waited ages for a sale and in the end just traded it in against my golf. My golf is modified and i just think it might be too much hassle or i might miss the car i want to go for if i wait on a private sale. I dont know what the dealer would offer me as a trade in, but im sure its less than i would get selling it private....

... What do you think the value of my golf is? Its a Satin Silver W reg with 43k on the clock, upsoluted, coilovers, 18" rs6', oettinger bodykit and cloth blue recaros and tints. Full Service History from new.

Any advice on my new choice of car or about the value of my golf is much appreciated.

Cheers

cat

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Car Sales are pretty slow at this time of year so you may well get a good deal if you choose the right garage and sales person.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Eddy is right, there doesn't seem to be much interest in 1.8T's right at the minute... i had a right hassle selling mine - ended up part-ex'ing it and only losing ?100 on what i had it advertised for!

I looked at 3-series Coupes as i love them, but i just didn't think they were 'me', and i wanted something nearly new... only reason i didn't go for one.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Quote: posted by tdi_man on 02/12/2004 16:59:34

I'll buy the wheels off you if you would sell them ?

~CAW~ ~CAW~

You lot are like a load of vulture's round here at times....hehe [;)]

C

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Quote: posted by Shaq on 02/12/2004 17:02:12

Quote: posted by tdi_man on 02/12/2004 16:59:34

I'll buy the wheels off you if you would sell them ?

~CAW~ ~CAW~

You lot are like a load of vulture's round here at times....hehe [;)]

C

Isn't that the truth!!!

What else will you taking of and selling?

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Quote: posted by cat on 02/12/2004 16:38:04

Im thinking of a BMW 525i with Sports pack and all the toys, probably an X reg, silver or black with black leather.

Definetly push for a 530i Sport if you can; not much more but the engine is so much more rewarding. My Dad had a 530 Sport, silver / black leather and it was fantastic. Still miss it.

Good luck with the search anyhow

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Will you sell me your recaro's? Dealer won't give a monkeys about them, but I will love them.. a very good home... and I am desperate!!! I know I sound vulture like.. but I let my sports leathers go to Hz2921, and have no seats... have been looking for recaro's for ages. Please, pretty please.[:D][:eek:)][:D]

·
Registered
766 Posts
[:O][:O][:(] your selling your baby???

i love this car to bits, it's one sweet motor

satin silver hmmmm what can i get off it[:eek:)](only kidding mate)

well the Bmw has a big boot room for some ICE[8D]

wanna swap for an old diesel??[:eek:)]

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You lot are like vultures lol, im not selling any parts off my car, its being sold as is, but nice try anyway. I might be selling my tv/dvd screen tho cos i dont think it'll fit or look right in the bmw.

Ive got the bmw dealer calling me on monday morning to see what he's found, but i think my heart is definately set on getting rid of the golf.

Its been fun

cat

·
Registered
221 Posts
I think you should consider a swap for my wheels before you get rid.

They are mint and have exellent tyres on so it wont drop the value of your car at all. They are 8x18" Masitaly VT7's.

Please just think about it before you get rid, RS6's really suit the Leon.:)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Sorry to hear your selling up and moving on.

I remember you and your car from GTI International, It was nice meeting you, and others, and the car looked great too.

Enjoy your new toy!

·
Registered
5 Posts
VALUE MY GOLF

OK I HAVE BEEN IN THE CAR SALES GAME FOR 7 YRS 4 OF THEM WITH VW YOUR CAR BOOKS AT ?7145 TRADE AND ?8500 RETAIL YOU DONT GET ANTHING FROM DEALERS FOR MODS IF ANYTHING LESS I KNOW ITS HASSELE BUT PRIVATE SALE IS THE WAY FOWARD THEN GO FOR STRAIGHT DEAL ON THE NEW CAR MARGINS IN USED CARS ARE 10 TO 20% OF THE ASKING PRICE NEVER DEAL ON THE DAY LET THEM CALL YOU WITH A BETTER OFFER ETC GOOD LUCK

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
If it is a BMW you want then can i suggest the 530 TDI?

these are absolute annimals and can be tuned very high

also i would agree that it is at a time of year where they car garages are after sales so you might end up with a little more than you think trading it in

wait and see what they offer you once they find you a car [;)]

1 - 19 of 19 Posts