Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a year 2000 1.8t, and i have just found a Revo dealer on my door step, thinking of having the old girl booked in.

Any one with a similar car and been Revo'd?

Value for money?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I'm thinking of this too. I've driven a revo 1.8T and its a totally different car. For the better too. If you have the chance just do it. You'll never regret it :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Why not go for the Revo 5 hour free trial, then talk to Jabba as your local. Ask them to test drive yours with the Revo and see what they say. Mind you i dunno if you can switch between modified and standard tune with the Jabba programme. I may go for Revo if you can't, so the wife don't find out.[:D]

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Being a 2000 model year it could be touch and go to what engine it is... i.e. it could be an AGU which means no REVO trial [:(]

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Quote: posted by steveh on 13/11/2004 14:11:02

I have a year 2000 1.8t, and i have just found a Revo dealer on my door step, thinking of having the old girl booked in.

Any one with a similar car and been Revo'd?

Value for money?

Value for ??? for you would be Upsolute [^] ?305 [^] Upsolute is best for the AGU engine, goto www.ccctech.co.uk and contact Simon Coe and he will come to your house and fit the Upsolute chip.

·
Registered
459 Posts
I had revo fitted to my 1.8t agu early this year, i could'nt belive the difference, about 4 wks after i fitted the forge diverter valve and then in may i bought a milltek system including their new high flow sports cat/downpipe,apart from running optimax fuel this all the mods done to the car,it has never missed a beat yet the revo has been spot. not had the car on the rollers yet,but at santa pod i ran a 14.60 which after looking at some of the 1/4 mile times in the back of performance vw mag that is going some[^]

·
Registered
62 Posts
I also have a 2000 AGU model, now with roughly 110000 Miles on it. Found Revo not to give the figures quoted. But I think that the miles counted against me AND the fact that my turbo's zorst housing was cracked. Have your turbo checked as cracked housings seem to be common.

Cheers

\/\/

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Don't worry about the trial. With all the buzz about Revo i went ahead with the remap and have never regretted it. 201 bhp and 239 torque on the rolling road, 15.5 secs 1/4 mile and thats without any other mods.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Go to Jabba they're on your doorstep! 600 quid to have some one squirt some code off a laptop on your ECU or 475 quid for before and after graph and your car set up on a rolling road! Hmmmmm toughie!

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Unfortunately i do not have time to go and spend a morning at jabba, as my company is so busy at the moment, thats what appealed to me about having Revo.

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Definately go with the Revo. 20 mins and a laptop and its speed city. Be warned though this much power renders first gear pretty useless and the change to third is quick to, but once in third the car doesn't half go some.

Unfortunately there isn't much difference between revo'ing a 180bhp or 150bhp they end up pretty much the same

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.