Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Yeah id love a set of 19" LM's, but personally id be spending the money on styling first. dont think they will suit the current look.

Only being Honest.

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
Have to agree with Jambo69, but there is no need to THINK about buying LM's! If you have the money, go for it! [Y]

·
Mokeylock
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have no choice, I'm at a point where i need some aftermarket brakes and so need to change my current alloys. When i've got the money for the LMs i'm going for them asap and the other mods (eg side skirt, brakes ...) will follow

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Yeah id love a set of 19" LM's, but personally id be spending the money on styling first. dont think they will suit the current look.

Only being Honest.
Ditto. MHO, it's a step in the right direction given that i'm thinking of how i'd like a car to look.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I am certain they will fit.  ECS Tuning even show cars with LM's on their website and in the owners' gallery with their various brake conversions.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
What do u guys think? btw, please no comments on the side skirts (i'll be changing them soon)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
i wont say anything about the side skirts, but i will on the front bumper....man...DAMN!! thats (IMO) what needs changing soon!!!

·
Registered
742 Posts
I would go for the LM's....And a new front bumper.
Ditto but 19" lm's with tyres are £3000 although probably worth it but you could get rials cheaper and they look very similar

·
Mokeylock
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No way, front bumper stayin... no body else's got it and i know its not perfect yet but still got work to do on it, thanx for the commments though

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'd have to agree with the bumper comments - an r32 bumper would be much better - but wheels will look good

Actually looked at the bumper on your site (nice site) http://www.formoshun.com/ and its not the worst I've seen - I'd still go with an r32 front to match the back.

·
Mokeylock
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'd have to agree with the bumper comments - an r32 bumper would be much better - but wheels will look good

Actually looked at the bumper on your site (nice site) http://www.formoshun.com/ and its not the worst I've seen - I'd still go with an r32 front to match the back.
Thanx... my problem with getting the R32 front bumper is not that i dont like it, just too many around...

I'm hoping to sort out the VW notch on the front hood, maybe even change the hood to CF, changing the mesh to black is also on the list.. and a few other things.

This is the cf hood i'm looking at getting (but having a hard time getting them to send it from the US)

Posted Image

Posted Image

I think this'll help break the rounded look of the front headlights.. and if i paint the roof black to match it should look mad! then one thing left.. supercharger.. I know it's not what most people would go for

·
Registered
80 Posts
The styling is not my cup of tea, but hat off to you for being different, i love what you have done with the chassis set up, its a similar set up to want i want to do with my 1.8T, you have invested a lot of money in your car, bet it handles and sounds great. As for wheels go the LM's anything else will play second best to your first choice!

Keep up the good work.

PS, was curious as to what is lurking in the background infront of the Volvo?

·
Registered
850 Posts
I don't think there's any point asking opinions on BBS LM's, they are just awesome wheels, defo the best one for a Mk4 Golf[H]

As for your bumper, have you thought about painting the grills black? I think it'd look much better!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts