Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Been wanting a Bora for a while now, preferably a diesel, seen this on pistonheads and I'm thinking as it's a diesel, 155k shouldn't be too bad (should last another 50k at least, right?)

the advert is as follows:

"AS PER TITLE BORA SPORT 1.9 TDI 6 SPEED

HAS 11.5 MONTH MOT WITH 5.5 MONTH TAX WHICH WAS ONLY £68.
CAR HAS COVERED A MERE 155K BY ITS 3 PREVIOUS OWNERS AND HAS JUST BEEN FULLY SERVICED AFTER HAVING A RECON HEAD FITTED (OLD ONE WENT POUROS) WITH NEW GASKETS WATER PUMP TIMING BELT KIT AND AUX BELT WITH NEW TENSIONER ALSO,TYRES ARE ALL AS NEW AS IS SPARE.
CAR HAS THE USUAL AGE RELATED MARKS BUT NOTHING MAJOR IN MY EYES AND IS IN DAILY USE"

listing: http://pistonheads.com/sales/2533171.htm

What do you guys think? should I take the plunge? Could you give me any advice, it will be my first VW you see. What questions should I ask when buying & what should I look for.

Thanks a lot!

D

·
Registered
482 Posts
it looks ok should last another 50k or more check that the millege is genuine. Check all service history also ask if the clutch and flywheel has been ever changed if thers any knocking or thumping when going over humps then the antiroll bar bhushes or axle bhushes need to be changed

the price is not that bad so its worth a look

·
Pro tinkerer
5,647 Posts
I bought mine with 164k on the clock mate on an 03reg, and it still drives and pulls like new. As long as it has been looked after in the servicing department, and has had the right oil used it will be good for at least another 100k

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey, called the guy on the evening of making this, had already sold.. he said the ad was up a mere 3 hours before he got a call to view, sold it to that guy.. looks like somebody got there a bit quicker than me! whooops..

and the search goes on! Cheers anyway guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts