Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
No longer a Dubber
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Nikon factory for DSLRs is/was in Sendai, and it may have gone.

What a strange feeling.

Tony

·
No longer a Dubber
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
According to contacts made by Amateur Photographer, very little damage has been suffered at any of the imaging industry factories in northern Japan, and only a few minor injuries have been reported. This will probably change as time goes by. Japan recovered quite quickly from a couple of rather large explosions in 1945, let's wish them all the best in their recovery from this.

·
Registered
9,153 Posts
Yea fingers crossed. Itd be a shame to lose such a major player int he camera market. They are goign through so much right now.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
They will recover

Unlike our lazy workers who can take 5 days to fix a hole in the road etc

if this happened in the uk it would be years and years before we got back to normal due to how lazy people work

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
I think you'd be surprised.
doubt it, nothing happens in this country fast, Too lazy and never on time. Road works stop at 3 pm and no one is working weekend on these major roads to get the job finished. Just how many of us have passed road works where the tail back is bad only to find no one working etc

·
No longer a Dubber
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh well, that's the proof then. C'mon, pretty much everyone I know works hard for a living, except members of the armed forces. But I'll let them off. In the case of roadworks, that's more than likely down to incompetent management and cautious H&S rather than laziness. Of course, nobody here is ever lazy........

·
Banned
7,104 Posts
haha, this forum is excellent, a thread concerned purely with a building having lasted an event which killed hundreds is fine but make one joke which in fairness will be getting belted out to practically every mobile phone in the land and a lot of comedians note books for useage in six months time gets deleted.

I expected more from this place, thing is i rarely get it these days.

[Offensive material removed]

·
No longer a Dubber
8,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The point should be, I suppose, that there's a time and a place. If you posted a thread about the passing of a loved one, I wouldn't post a joke about it. That's called being a decent person.

·
Premium Member
3,497 Posts
Ian this thread has now been edited twice due to your inappropriate posting.

You're obviously aware that you had breached forum rules because of your last post, yet you post something similar. A joke is supposed to be funny, I fail to see how the devastation in Japan can be seen as funny.

I suggest if you don't want to abide by the forum rules, go elsewhere.

·
Banned
7,104 Posts
you are entirely missing the point, the passing of a loved one and a building which contained only manufacturing equipment and the various pieces of software and papperwork required to build a camera being destroyed are not comparable.

Nikon are a large company, I think that is fair to say, I would bet my left tesitcle that every single piece of critical information contained within that factory exists in atleast one other place (two if they have any sense) so you are mouring bricks and mortar, which is fairly stupid in my opinion

If your mother had died, she does not exist is one or more other locations and I would certainly not make a joke of her passing, The understanding of the above prooves to a fair degree that i am not the "indescent" person you think I am, I simply posses a brain, or more accurately, I use the damn thing.

now you may see my point, or perhaps not and you will hurl more insults at me which have zero effect because I dont really give a monkeys what you think of me.

·
Banned
7,104 Posts
Ian this thread has now been edited twice due to your inappropriate posting.

You're obviously aware that you had breached forum rules because of your last post, yet you post something similar. A joke is supposed to be funny, I fail to see how the devastation in Japan can be seen as funny.

I suggest if you don't want to abide by the forum rules, go elsewhere.
I assumed the mourning of a building was a joke and joined in.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.