Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AS per the title really, thinbking of getting a 1.8t and getting the
revo remap to 200bhp or so. My question is, is this safe on a std 1.8t?
if not what parts shoould be upgraded?

·
Registered
927 Posts
the engine is quite capable of taking this power nad more, as im sure almost all the 20vt owvers on here will concur.

welcome to the forum too[:)]

·
Registered
931 Posts
fingers crossed in few weeks i'l be running 300ish bhp [<:eek:)] on standard aum engine. but come spring time, will be uprating everything! i've been runing revo since before summer with no probs!

·
Registered
309 Posts
yeah bang on guys no problem with chipping makes them the car they should be ,much better to drive.

welcome in m8

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Nope, engine internals are good to 280bhp+. Rods need to be uprated after that.
Actually, i'd be inclined to say a 300bhp minimum easily on standard internals, but i'd say 350bhp max!

The IHI conversion uses standard internals and produces around the 320bhp mark! [:)]

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Im not sure id want more than 300bhp going through my stock engine though.
Maybe im just a wuss!!
You're not a wuss Gary, more like a sensible bloke! After all, it's an exceptionally nice car to ruin if it all went wrong!

I, on the other hand am power mad so i'd be prepared to push the limit of my internals! [:O]

·
Registered
931 Posts
yea revo is way to go! but i wouldnt run 320+ on my engine for to long, i'm going for 300 and i'm guna take it steady till i've uprated everything. once i've done that then i'll think about evan more power, but if you push engine to much, like anything, it will break [:|]

·
Registered
931 Posts
thats what i'm looking into at the mo, 3rd gear wheels spins might sound fun, but not when you start getting through tyres. new clutch/differential is on the way me thinks! [:)]

·
Registered
811 Posts
Im not sure id want more than 300bhp going through my stock engine though.
Maybe im just a wuss!!
Yes you are, you big PANSY!..... we both know you'll be pushing that sort of power within the next 12 months anyway [:p]

·
Registered
927 Posts
considering the relative ease/cost of the conversion, s3/tt brakes are prudent when nearing the 200bhp mark

an uprated clutch wouldnt be wasted either tbh.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts