Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,036 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well i'm stunned..............THEY HAVE FOUND MY CAR..........!!!!

sitting at the side of the road in Greys Essex..........

I still cant believe it and i will keep you all posted as to what sort of condition its in (cos i still dont know) the law have it and are dusting it down for prints as we speak......!!!

thanks again everyone cos you have all been really supportive............Thanks people[:D]

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
That's great news mate! Hope it's all fairly intact and that the idiots haven't thrashed it about too much [:(] Any idea when you get to see it?

·
Registered
236 Posts
That really is suprising news!! Someone had said it was probably nicked to order and already out of the country!

Nice one!

As others say, lets hope its still in the condition that you had it in. Do the police have the keys, or was it just left abandoned and unlocked??

Would be a good idea to perhaps get the locks changed? Would the In's Co pay for that I wonder?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Glad to hear you've got it back.

Possible scenario...................chavs nick it, airbag light comes on, they're worried, they get caught in traffic and the cooling fan doesnt come on, temp gauge goes up, they're more worried. ................................................................................................................................Runs out of petrol. They get out and leave it there.

VW build quality.hmmmmmm?.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Congrats Philsy! To be honest im not totally surprised its been found. Not to say Golf's arent nice cars- thats the reason I bought mine, but im pretty sure a car like this wouldn't be stolen to order, I mean c'mon, its no Ferrari! This experience should however teach you never to leave valuables on show, espeically keys on view from a window or letterbox. If your gonna leave it there, you might aswell hand the keys to them on a Golden platter!

·
Registered
107 Posts
No Way! what a result.....I just cant believe the idiots didnt torch it to hide the evidence, but I guess this is the mentality of the people who stole it - probably cant operate matches or maybe they just couldn't bring themselves to destroy such a thing of beauty! Anyhow in response to "would you want it back", if it was me I'd be desperate for it back the amount of work that has gone into it - watta nice happy ending [:D]

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
When you get it back i would have all the locks and igination barrel changed as you never know if any coppys have been made or anything

plus if there were any house keys on the key ring

as they DO know where you live

really happy for you mate and hope the car is in one peice for you

·
Registered
621 Posts
Wheyhey, Thats great news, glad to hear that you got it back. [Y]

Hope there is no damage done, all they did to mine when they nicked it was rag it round for a couple of hours using my fuel. I didn't get the key back so fitted a new lock set and had it re-coded at a dealers for ?220 not including the price of the lock set. You can opt for JUST the re-code but it means they will still be able to enter the car but not start it.

Should you fancy a new lock set, I have a spare for sale which includes, 2 Normal keys, the black master key, a spare blade to fit a flip key (flip key not included) and a full set of locks, N/S and O/S doors, Ignition, Boot and Glove box.

Carl

·
Registered
251 Posts
great news mate! even if they thrashed it about a bit, VW V6 lumps are solid as, I'm sure it wont have bothered it much. some new oil and maybe a locking barrel, fingers crossed!

The Cat D is a pain but if you plan to keep it for a while it'll prove it's still a good motor to whoever has it off you? there's always trade in!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Excellent news mate,hope she's in the same condition that she left you in[Y]. Must say,as a fellow 4mo owner,its situations like this that worry me,as its the last thing that id want to happen. At least youve got her back mate,nice one. Cheers,Paul.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Superb news!

Chuffed for you mate, lets hope the scroats that took it have not done any damage and i also hope they get caught and locked up!

Happy [au]ing

Aiden

1 - 20 of 23 Posts