Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some might remember I've thought the ride on my GTi to be a little hard and blamed the 18" wheels,well yesterday I took the car to my local dealer (not supplying Dealer) to have cruise control fitted.

When I went to collect it,the service manager informed me the transit blocks were still fitted to the road springs, and that they had removed them.

The ride is more agreeable now, and together with a bill for only ?150 for cruise, I came away a happy Boy.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Hopefully this hasn't damaged anything - why the f'ing hell did the PDI not pick that up, or if they should've come out before the dealers, the previous checks??

That's obscenely slack (in my very humble opinion of course)

C

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
A snotty letter to the supplying dealer and VW UK is called for I feel.

Great price on the cruise control too.

·
Registered
894 Posts
I would ring the original supplying dealer for a copy of your PDI check list ( you've paid for the PDI in the price of the car after all )

It seems forgetting to remove the transit blocks occurs more often than it should..

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would ring the original supplying dealer for a copy of your PDI check list ( you've paid for the PDI in the price of the car after all )

It seems forgetting to remove the transit blocks occurs more often than it should..
I have done just that Med3, they are looking into it.

Will keep you posted.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Derv, I was just reading in this months car (April 2006) page 158 and 159 about the same thing. I was even thinking about checking my car at the weekend but the weather was really bad. But I certainly will this weekend :)

Glad they spotted it and took them out. Also its good that the service guy told you :)

JD

·
Registered
2,057 Posts

Yup, I noticed them on my missus car after she picked it up and drove it 300 miles down form Huddersfield!! Muppets!

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Derv, I was just reading in this months car (April 2006) page 158 and 159 about the same thing. I was even thinking about checking my car at the weekend but the weather was really bad. But I certainly will this weekend :)

Glad they spotted it and took them out. Also its good that the service guy told you :)

JD
JD, I couldn't agree more, I've had really good service from JCB Ashford (he says touching wood)

Just had a call back from the supplying dealers,who are sending me a cheque for ?180.00 if I can fax over coformation of the blocks being removed, (no probs) by way of an appology.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Derv, I forgot to ask but how are you finding the cruise control. I bought the kit a few days back from a dealer in the UK and will be fitting it as soon as I get my new VAG-COM cable. But I have heard some people were saying it was a bit jerky when reaching the desired speed [*-)]

JD

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Derv, I forgot to ask but how are you finding the cruise control. I bought the kit a few days back from a dealer in the UK and will be fitting it as soon as I get my new VAG-COM cable. But I have heard some people were saying it was a bit jerky when reaching the desired speed [*-)]

JD
Well when I had cruise fitted to the GT TDi, I have to admit being dissapointed as it was jerky when changing speed both up and down.

But in the GTi it's so much nicer (mine anyway), The transition is seamless,with no jerking what so ever.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Cool.....It could be something to do with it being a GTi or they might have upgraded code somewhere

I take it you have a manual GTi ?

JD

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cool.....It could be something to do with it being a GTi or they might have upgraded code somewhere

I take it you have a manual GTi ?

JD
I really don't know for sure Mate, you could be right, I'm chuffed though.

·
Registered
894 Posts

JD
JD, I couldn't agree more, I've had really good service from JCB Ashford (he says touching wood)

Just had a call back from the supplying dealers,who are sending me a cheque for ?180.00 if I can fax over coformation of the blocks being removed, (no probs) by way of an appology.
Pleasing to see they accepted responsibility straightaway with the cheque.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts