Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I would say no. They seem alittle to cheap for brand new annis, plus he doesn't state anywhere that they are genuine VW which you would think is a big selling point

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
like Zeki says, they don't 100% seem OEM.........................................................

but then again they dont cost as
much.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
They do look nice. But in my experience these sort of lights with no mention of who they are made by are often cheap and cheerful. Prone to leaks and poor fitments

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
says on the top right of the auction " 100% Authentic & Brand New! " so no idea
thats the bit that got me wondering.

and the back of them looks quite good quality, and they are chromed, not "painted" as stated.

·
Registered
566 Posts
I'm a bit suspect.......wonder why this guy has put the lights on a dark background? So one doesn't see the diffferences between this and the real thing?

~ Maxie

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
My e-mail - Hi. Are these lights genuine VW parts?

Reply - Nope, but they are excellent quality none the less.

Yeah right [:(]

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hi , I think being VW Anni lights would be a good reason not to buy them, mine are like candles, im changing mine soon, then you could buy 100% true vw ones.

But does every one think the same its like driving by candles.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hi , I think being VW Anni lights would be a good reason not to buy them, mine are like candles, im changing mine soon, then you could buy 100% true vw ones.

I thought their brightness was the same as for any other Golf IV except for those equipped with the Xenons.......? I know you can change the bulbs for some brighter units in the standard headlamp - that might save you the cost of replacing the whole unit instead, if that's what you were thinking.

~ Maxie

·
Registered
2,990 Posts

No, it's just the standard OEM bulbs - they are terrible, really yellow and have extremely poor light output, same as any other MK4 Golf.

One of the first things I did to my Anni was to sort out the lighting with a 6000k retrofit xenon kit and high output LED sidelights.

Massive improvement.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Just sent ASQ

Reply was " they are not genuine but will fit both left and right handed cars they can be s elected for either at the flick of a switch"

Also they dont come with height adjustable motors.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Sound like a good idea, i have tried the 1 hour bulb change, made  a small improvement,  whats the best way to get some xenons

1 - 18 of 18 Posts