Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,631 Posts
like Zeki says, they don't 100% seem OEM.........................................................

but then again they dont cost as
much.....................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

·
Registered
309 Posts
Hi , I think being VW Anni lights would be a good reason not to buy them, mine are like candles, im changing mine soon, then you could buy 100% true vw ones.

But does every one think the same its like driving by candles.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hi , I think being VW Anni lights would be a good reason not to buy them, mine are like candles, im changing mine soon, then you could buy 100% true vw ones.

I thought their brightness was the same as for any other Golf IV except for those equipped with the Xenons.......? I know you can change the bulbs for some brighter units in the standard headlamp - that might save you the cost of replacing the whole unit instead, if that's what you were thinking.

~ Maxie

·
Registered
2,990 Posts

No, it's just the standard OEM bulbs - they are terrible, really yellow and have extremely poor light output, same as any other MK4 Golf.

One of the first things I did to my Anni was to sort out the lighting with a 6000k retrofit xenon kit and high output LED sidelights.

Massive improvement.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.