Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a little play and ONLY just won up to 80. I have a v6 4motion golf and was suprised at the speed of the thing. It was a 54 plate so i would be suprised if it was 'chjpped'

GOT TO GET A DIESEL[:p]

·
Registered
186 Posts
i've played with a 2.0tdi golf and 2.0tdi A3 and was pretty much nothing in it compare with my bog standard pd130

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Pah, eat my soot mk5 boy [:O]

They are quick, the trouble is the reps who are driving them think they are in an F40 or faster, tailgating any mk4 they can see. I love seeing their face as I just steam on ahead at a rapid pace [:D]

·
Registered
39 Posts
My wife has a 320 sport ( 53plate ) and my car is MUCH quicker than hers - OK so the 320 only has 170 bhp.
And my 320d Sport Touring is faster in the real world than her petrol version. Get her over to the dark side.....

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
I tried but she has only done 5000 miles in 18 months so it wouldn't have been worth the extra pennies. Although, I think I will chnage it for the new 330d next year

·
Registered
39 Posts
5000 miles in 18 months - tell her to get a bloody taxi! Or buy her a Fiesta....

Looking at new 320d myself (co. car so 330d is not an option) but lease costs are high if you add spec. Maybe I should just get another Golf....

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Previously she had the Mk IV 1.8T and racked up an almost unbelievable 7000 miles in 20 months but got fed up with it due to mechanical problems ( it had numerous ignition coil problems )..someone got a good buy with that car !!

Yep, I looked at the 320d too ( I had a 318i SE ) but like you say, once you put on a few options, the car is suddenly ?27K. Yikes ! Although, if you go to Superchips, they relieve you of 500 smackers and you go home with 205bhp ! Hoorah !!

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
You think the standard 2.0 is fast, wait till you try a chipped one! I just got mine chipped and it goes like the clappers!!!!!
What are the figures ? I guess somewhere around 188bhp ? Am thinking about having mine done ( its only got 1200 miles on it )

·
Registered
21 Posts
I wouldnt say that it goes like the clappers. Saying that it goes rather well is a more accurate description.

It may stay with an unmodded S3 or Cupra R for a little while but couldnt see it living with them on a sprint to 100.....

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
OK - I'll remember not to try 0-100 drag races then ![;)]. Most of my driving is motorways so the 50-(ut-hum) "70" is more of an indicator for me

·
Registered
285 Posts
I wouldnt say that it goes like the clappers. Saying that it goes rather well is a more accurate description. It may stay with an unmodded S3 or Cupra R for a little while but couldnt see it living with them on a sprint to 100.....
Well of course - What I ment was the modded version is a lot faster than the stock model, it puts a smile on my face, and a holy *** look on an unsuspecting friend when they drive it - . After driving a Farrari the weekend (brothers wedding flash git) The golf doesnt come close, but until I win the lotto the golf will do just fine for thrills....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Sorry just felt I had to clarify the comments a little - the problem here is that on a forum its hard to convey how 'quick' a car actually is!

I'm speaking as an owner of a chipped 2.0TDI A3.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts