Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just returned to my car to find some loser has stolen my rear anni valance. Raging!!!!! I really don't understand some people, jelousy i guess or not getting enough signing on that they would chance stealing a fucking bumper for what - £100!?!?

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Disgusting scum... but seemingly a common trend? I've seen a few knocking about minus valances.

They ain't getting mine off, I've made damn well sure of it!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I sure as hell will be securing the next one on welll enough. And I will be fitting one, not gonna let those bastards get the better of me. £100odd i could do without spending AGAIN though!! Will be keeping my eyes peeled on ebay for any new entries.

·
Registered
924 Posts
bloody scumbags!!!

its getting as common as in the 90's when ppl were nicking vw badges from mk2's.

how come they come off so easily, can it be claim through vw stealer as a design fault.

will

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just got a call from the car park where i was parked (Buchanan Galleries, Glasgow) to say that they have got CCTV footage of someone walking around with my bumper 10mins before i returned to my car. The footage apparently does not show the persons face or where they went after stealing it - gutted!

So close yet so far! Don't think there is much point reporting it to the police as its hardly worth claiming through insurance!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Definately report it to the police, they can't claim crime is going down if we report it all! & you have proof of someone nicking it. Doesn't mean you have to claim on insurance but you will have a crime number if you decide to.

Keeps the police busy as well instead of putting new films in speed cameras.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just reported it to the police. Anyone think I would have any come back with the carpark itself for lack of security etc, I would imagine that "cars left at owners risk" would apply but perhaps worth a go?

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Just got a call from the car park where i was parked (Buchanan Galleries, Glasgow) to say that they have got CCTV footage of someone walking around with my bumper 10mins before i returned to my car. The footage apparently does not show the persons face
As is often the case. You really do have to wonder, just WTF is the point of CCTV sometimes [:cool:][:cool:][:cool:]

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Bloody hell mate, would have thought your car would have been quite safe in there.  I have parked in the multi storey car park round the corner next to the bus station a few times which seems a lot dodgier and been quite concerned about leaving my car there.  Think I'll find alternative parking if I need to park round that area again, dont want anything going missing from mine.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
shame, sorry to hear this,

what do people think is the best way to secure the valance, rivets, glue, big bastd nuts, razor blades ( is this illegal? ) ricin on the underside? no different to barb wire really?

·
Registered
387 Posts
If you're going to use razor blades, make sure you use two at a time with a matchstick to seperate them so it cuts a nice sliver of skin out of their hands. Far more difficult to stitch and heal :)

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
If you're going to use razor blades, make sure you use two at a time with a matchstick to seperate them so it cuts a nice sliver of skin out of their hands. Far more difficult to stitch and heal :)
LMFAO! [:D][Y]

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
LMFAO! [:D][Y]

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Bloody hell mate, would have thought your car would have been quite safe in there. I have parked in the multi storey car park round the corner next to the bus station a few times which seems a lot dodgier and been quite concerned about leaving my car there. Think I'll find alternative parking if I need to park round that area again, dont want anything going missing from mine.
It would seem that no where is safe against this type of opportunist scum, apparently the car park has won numerous safety awards over the past few years but certainly never helped me, i mean as above - what use is CCTV if it doesn't even capture any useful information during a theft!?!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Gutted for you mate. I've parked their tons of times and its always pretty busy with people. I'm surprised no-one saw anything. I assume whoever took it didn't just walk out the door and down the stairs carrying it, they probably had a car, could you maybe ask the CCTV operators too have a look at cars leaving around that time, particularly Golfs and see if anything turns up?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I don't think there is anything further which can be done. Contacted the police, who in turn contacted Buchanan Galleries and have told me that there is pretty much nothing further that they can do to help.

So should anyone see a flash red anni rear valance on a non-red car be sure to catch the reg, and be sure to let me know if your offered one!!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts