Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once again, same car park as before, just had my window replaced and retinted, come back from work to find some little Widget has had away with the centre caps of my 18" RS4s. How pathetic!!!

Anyway, on a recent trip to the stealers i was quoted ?18+VAT....EACH for the replacement. Are they taking the wee wee or something? Its a bit of plastic!! A whole driver's window is only ?25+VAT.

Whats going on?!!!

One very unhappy, centre-capless member [}:)][:(]

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
John......yeah, i think we do! Might pick myself up a good 'ol Austin Maestro at the weekend lol. What a ride!!!

Paul - Cheers, i'll check them out. Ive found a few on Ebay but they're only the chrome look ones

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ram - Redbridge mate. Even though the security guard there takes special attention to my pride and joy and the CCTV cameras are on full-alert, it still makes no difference. Maybe its the security guard himself! lol

·
Registered
387 Posts
Quote: posted by j40hnw on 05/04/2005 17:39:48

Sorry to hear they targeted you again...

What the fek is going on??

What have we got to do .. drive around in piles of shyte so they cant steal anything of value???

Yes and no! A friend of mine used to own a nice little MR2 which only ever came out if it wasn't going to be left anywhere for any length of time. They also ran a ?500 citroen to use for work and park anywhere. Needless to say - the MR2 got trashed for no reason (nothing stolen just a big lump of concrete thrown at it) when left for ten minutes! and the citroen got broken into also!!

Who you voting for at the next election then??

Sarge

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
The general level of car and petty crime in this country has gone through the roof during the time I've been living abroad and is totally unacceptable IMO. I've just bought a cheap Mondeo (don't laugh) to use while I'm over here and I've wondered about bringing my Golf back if I stay. However, I imagine that the Golf would probably be trashed in no time and I'd be better off sticking with my P-reg Mondeo that nobody would look twice at. Sad, very sad.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Years ago I had a new Renault 19 16Valve. We then lived in a bit of a ropey area and I had several of the 16V badges stolen of the boot (remember back then 16V meant something).

After one the incidents I reported it to the police (because my fleet manager was getting suspicious why I kept getting new badges) and they logged the case. Around a year later I had a call from the police saying they had caught the culprits. Basically a group of school kids had been collecting 'trophies' - He reckoned they had 1000's of badges stashed in one of the garages.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
sgt.banjo Posted - 05 Apr 2005 : 18:00:29

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sarge

Who am I voting for in the next election? It certainly won't be a party which in the eighties and early nineties caused one of the biggest downshifts in family values and lack of respect for property and the person. It won't be for one that also stripped resources away from police and local authorities and gave us the foundation of where we are today [:(]

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Quote: posted by chrisf70 on 06/04/2005 09:29:07

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sarge

Who am I voting for in the next election? It certainly won't be a party which in the eighties and early nineties caused one of the biggest downshifts in family values and lack of respect for property and the person. It won't be for one that also stripped resources away from police and local authorities and gave us the foundation of where we are today [:(]

doesnt leave you with many realistic options then!!![:eek:)]

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
evilhomer Posted - 06 Apr 2005 : 09:31:48

Quote: posted by chrisf70 on 06/04/2005 09:29:07

Sarge

Who am I voting for in the next election? It certainly won't be a party which in the eighties and early nineties caused one of the biggest downshifts in family values and lack of respect for property and the person. It won't be for one that also stripped resources away from police and local authorities and gave us the foundation of where we are today

doesnt leave you with many realistic options then!!!

Probably the Green Party then, I hear they like cars [:I]

Sorry, everyone for having a little rant [:I]

·
Registered
487 Posts
We need to start a vigilante group!! lol

There could be a userguide too:

Rule 1: If toerag puts arm through window to carjack vehivle - hold arm firmly and drive in a rapid forward motion until toerag rolls into road in pain or stops suddenly hitting an inanimate object.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts