Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking into account pay, job resposibilites, respect, boring, tiring, working conditions ect, what do you think is the worst job in the country?

Deano

·
Super Moderator
9,133 Posts
Mine so far was working for SCC (computer company). pay was rubbish, did the same thing everyday. finished all that work after 10 mins, the plus side was that i got to sit on here all day after that!!). Boss was a moany/grumpy bloke. his boss was even worse!

Probably doesnt count for the worst in the country though?

I feel sorry for the nurses and ambulance people? They don't exactly earn much for what they do, do they?

·
Registered
2,200 Posts
Probably a fisherman, 18 hours a day hard work, stuck on a boat for 10 days with a few at home... Somehow these people still love it? (My brother does anyway!!)

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Right now I would have to say mine!

My girlfriend dumped me two days ago and she also happens to be my assistant and sits two feet away from me for 8 hours of the day.

·
Registered
2,200 Posts

My girlfriend dumped me two days ago and she also happens to be my assistant and sits two feet away from me for 8 hours of the day.
Now thats unlucky!! Get the flirting emails on the go, it'll wind her up pretty if she see's you sitting smiling when emails come in!!

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Probably factory jobs. Especially the 12-hour shifts constantly taking things off conveyor belts working at top speed constantly, bored out of your mind with only two 10min breaks and 30mins for lunch. When I worked in factories as a student, lots of the workers were actually a bit insane.. probably as a result of working there.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

sorry to hear that must be horrible. I used to work with a girlfriend before, never again. regards to the worst job i would have to say working for McDonalds.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Worst job I ever had was a summer job working in a v.busy London minicab office. 12 hour shift @ ?3.50 an hour and for that I had to take bookings, deal with irate customers (where's my bloody car? ...you said 5 mins you little s**t), locate drivers and do all the admin stuff e.g. type letters, collect driver's rent etc..

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Cleaning public toilets must come pretty high on everyones list??

Or how about being stuck in someones airless loft for hours doing pipework, especially in the last 2 months!!! (although thats not that bad as plumbers to earn for their discomfort!)

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
I used to love that when I was 16. Work for 3 hours stacking shelves, then an hour outside in the fresh air to collect up the trolleys. Also a chance for a sneaky ciggy! Nice in the summer, not hugely pleasant in the rain!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
id say a british troop on frontline, being shot at people wanting to kill you ya mates being killed and being away from home for up to 6months, not exactly in this country but you do get employed by the uk government lol

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
id say a british troop on frontline, being shot at people wanting to kill you ya mates being killed and being away from home for up to 6months, not exactly in this country but you do get employed by the uk government lol
Exactly. Maximum respect to these brave boys and girls.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts