Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

·
Pro tinkerer
5,647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been reading a few of these posts recently about cold weather and lower mpg so I thought why not get a thread going for people to post photos up of their average mpg and a quick description of their trip. Most threads seem to be from diesel owners, but it would be interesting to get some input from petrol owners also. This is not the argument of which does the best mpg, but just to see which fuel suffers the most in the cold weather.
My trip to work one way is 13miles and consists of 3miles m-way and the rest is A roads that consist of light up and downs. I don't drive like a granny, but I do stick to the speed limit.

Today on the way there I got

Posted Image

On the way back I got
Posted Image

·
Registered
450 Posts
I can get 35ish if I dont boot it up to speed, mine is mainly dual carriageway with A road and tiny bit of town driving, If I boot it up to speed more like 29, if I really going for it more like 24 lol

·
Registered
764 Posts
If I drive like a granny on a 40 mile trip to my girlfriends I can get over 50, if I don't drive like a granny I get about 45 (And I got limp mode again for the first time in months after my innotec clean.) :(

Though I did see a thread where someone had 80mpg but this was after the car was warm and they were already travelling, I tired this and got 78mpg whilst driving into Glasgow, had a few sets of traffic lights or it woulda been above 80.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
About 20mpg, lol. But seriously, I think I was about 23-24 mpg this morning on the 100 mile dual carriageway run I did. Can sometimes see 26-27 on the same run. Coming home from the ski-ing I can sometimes break 30mpg overall.

·
Registered
504 Posts
i usually get around mid 50s even with these rediculous temperatures still the same however i do manage mid to high 60s on long motorway journeys doing 80-90 in 6th :) not forgetting the lower temps mean you get more fuel for your buck!

1 - 20 of 140 Posts