Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've finally got rid of the truly awful walnut trim to the only place it belongs - The Rover 400 retirement village!.... [;)]

Splashed the cash on some anniversary ali trim, r-line gearknob, and IMO, what is probably my favourite mod to date, my R32 steering wheel! [:D] pricey at ?190, but IMO well worth it!

Let me know what you think peeps

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
7,208 Posts
I like it very much Steve, in fact that much that Im going to nab your steering wheel on Sunday and replace it with mine!![:D]

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote: posted by PJ52GLY on 06/09/2004 21:19:09

nice where did you get that retrim from i like that

Cheers mate [^], it's not a retrim though, it's the OEM factory Leather/Alcantara option which IMO is a bit of a bargain at ?800 as it's quite rare and makes a change from all leather (Wouldnt mind a swap for some leather Recaro's though!), think it was only available on the Bora IIRC

·
Registered
310 Posts
nice mate, great transformation.whoever decided to put that plastic walnut crap in a vw wants shoeing !!!!(shoeing means sorting out with whatever footwear you wear.i.e shoe)

·
Registered
342 Posts
Very Smart

Yeh the R32 Wheel is a great mod

I'm getting mine retrimmed with the Black Leather and Blue alcantara as well but i can't decide wether to get the door cards done in Blue alcantara to match the seat middles of go for the leather...

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
looks so much better. Finishes off the interior nicely.

Why VW decided to put wood decals on the Sport spec Bora, who knows. It was what originally persuaded me to get an SE model in the first place, especially coming from a rover 214 with similar wood inserts [!].

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Looks great mate!!! What more can be said!!

I had the wood (sport model) and I had to get rid of it, I just painted mine but I am still tempted to do what you've done but it is big bucks!!

Worth every penny though!!

·
Registered
348 Posts
Looking good, just how i'd like mine to look like! a big improvement nice one. Where did you get your r32 wheel from was it the stealers??

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cheers for all the comments guys.. [^]

Benn130TDI: being publicly shamed has worked, screenwashed topped up this afternoon lol! [;)]

scarum: never really thought about a silver stereo etc.. to match the trim, could work out very nice, but TBH the gamma does me okay especially with the D.S.P and uprated speakers, the wife would only play some crappy westlife/girly compilations etc.. on it anyway!

02Bora: rover 214 ownership...? hehe, are you sure you wanted to admit to that! [;)]

g-master: The R32 wheel was bought from oemparts for ?190 all-in including vat and 24hr postage, still expensive for a steering wheel, but IMO well worth it and a big saving over the dealer price of ?270, he sold one on ebay a while back which went for ?165 posted!! so keep your eyes peeled!

Baker21: I agree, the ali trim is quite pricey, but as you say is worth it, it makes me smile every time i sit in the car now!! just ssoooo much better than fake plastic walnut!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Quote: posted by GaryM on 06/09/2004 19:13:53

I like it very much Steve, in fact that much that Im going to nab your steering wheel on Sunday and replace it with mine!![:D]

Looks real nice mate, oh no not another thing to tempt me....

Gary, I think we might have to pay a group of ten year olds to jump Steve on Sunday...

You grab the wheel and I'll grab the trim.

[B)]

1 - 20 of 34 Posts