Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my lifelong quest to find the ultimate car wax,has anyone tried any of these and if so how do they compare to p21s.

collinite

moosewax

poorboys

meguiars nxt

Come on chaps lets find the best!!!!!!! [^]

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Nxt doesn't seem that good to me. I've tried it and also Megs Gold CLass. Requires a lot more effort than P21S which also gives a better finish.

Have a look on sites like www.autopia.org for reviews of all the products you mention.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
CLEARKOTE!!!!!!!

Get the hand glaze and then the cab wax from www.seriousperformance.co.uk fantastic stuff, best I have ever used. On a black car looks amazing.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Thanks dan, I shall now lay it down as in the holy bible.

Depends on how deep your pockets are really, but like any finish, its all in the prep.

Good Value for money

Meguiars : Gold Class ?12.99

: NXT ?14.99

Possibly the best Canuba for general use

P21S : Pre paint cleanser (applied prior to the canuba) 10.00(I think)

: Canuba Wax ?16.00

The dog bollox in wax's

Pinnicle : Soverign Wax (pure brazzilian canuba) ?40.00

I wouldnt even suggest any of the crap they sell in halfrauds, get it from serious performance or from Autopia.com. Not many people know this but I used to valet cars for a living, having worked for Sytners & Merlin in Nottingham,so I know my waxes, Oh yea, & my baby was featured in the meguiars web site last Feb too[:D]

"Consideribly shinier than yow" PMSL[:D]

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ve been using megs stuff and find it very good but have been thinking of trying p21s as the gold class is about to run out.

There are a lot of seagulls where i work and the sods use our motors for target practice and im allways running out into the carpark with a damp cloth to remove asap.I'm looking for a polish with good protection.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Quote: posted by oxford on 02/01/2005 22:51:57

Jace, you really should give clearkote at least a try mate. I really think you would be impressed.

Dude, I shall give it a go, I've been thinking about getting some since you suggested it before. [^]

I'm planning locked in 24hr detailing session in my dads garage soon anyway, so I'll give it a go then.[:I]

She should come out looking better than ever then[:D]

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
Jace i've said it before and i'll say it again, your car looks awesome!

I aim to get my Anni looking as good as that, I have ?150 worth of new Meguiars stuff waiting to be used and some P21S, I just need to wait for the weather to improve.

I'm thinking about doing half the car on a Saturday and the other half on a sunday. I won't have time to do the whole car at once as it gets dark so early these days [:(].

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Cool, I am glad your going to try it!

I recommend using "VANILLA MOOSE WAX HAND GLAZE" first, buff it off with a Micro Fibre towel, then use the "CARNAUBA WAX". The shine really looks wet.

I dont have high enough res pics to show you, but by touch the stuff is amazing.

I think I have shown you this pic before:

Posted Image

Next time I will try and post some more pics for you with a beter camera!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Yes, if your going to buy one, get the hand glaze, you get an amazing finish with it alone anyway. The Cab wax just gives it that wetter shine and makes it last longer, but it looks SOOO good.

Should be a good combo and you would be one of the first to try I think! go for it.

Car is looking good mate.

Great thing about the clearkote stuff is that it is so easy to remove. Have you got a micro fibre towel?

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Swissol (www.swissol.co.uk) gets my vote. Products are easy to use and give excellent results. Although impressed with the shinyness, it was the durability/protection I was after & Swissol is the best i have used so far.

Each to their own as they say though.

Markie you have a great paint colour to start with, it will come up sparkling once you've given it a good clean/wax. PS don't foget to use a clay bar in your paintwork preparation schedule.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
yep, agreed with bora... Use the clay bar and with lots of soapy water.

I dont clay bar before every wax tho, just once every 2-3 months.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I think it is all pretty similar, however its just finding some!

I know the clearkote stuff is pretty expensive, I used 3M cleaning clay, however that was from a Group Buy by "polo GTI / Josh". The megs stuff is alot cheaper at about 12 quid I think, but the quantity is less.

Just looked on teh serious website, looks as if he has some generic stuff quite cheap, try some of that first. 1 bar will last you a long time as long as you dont drop it on the floor. Infact, I would buy 2! looks good, think I will get some of that next time.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Going for serious clay bar,moose wax hand glaze and p21s.

I will post the results as soon as i have done the biz

1 - 20 of 61 Posts