Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here she is.. The R32's replacement...

Posted Image

Posted Image

I know its not to your taste.... But 222bhp out off the car standard spec isn't bad![:D]

Drives Really Really well......

·
Registered
911 Posts
Looks awesome from the outside, but a little dissapointed with the inside. Are the seats Recaro's ? They look a little tame ?

Anyway, have fun with it mate !

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seats are Recaro's... Its just a bad pic Matty..

They are awesome seats to sit in.... Just as grippy as the 32's

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I bought the ST2 - it has heated windscreen, xeons, traction control and i-pod interface for ?1k....

For another ?1k you get leather, 10 point electric seats (heated and 6 disc changer)

Think about it... I paid a little over ?16.5k for this ST2....

For the same GTI I would have been up to ?22.5k!

It drives as well and has more power.... plus i dont have to deal with vw any more..........

Now who is the FOOL???????

·
Registered
813 Posts
Bargain price for a car like that. Do you have to run it in?
Nice motor Martyn!

I think the volvo engine will get better with milage? I know for a fact there a couple of 300kers on the volvo club forum!

Would be interesting to see under the bonnet?

·
Registered
936 Posts
saw this over at detailing world, love the specs on this car. My dad is looking into replacing his 172 with a st2, he took a test drive and loved it (reminds me; must ask what the latest is and urge him on again to buy one). I drive past an orange one in the Ford showroom everyday and tbh i think the colour looks worse in the flesh than it does pictures I see, the blue i'm still not sure on personally and the seats even tho they are recaro's look a tad bit cheap (i'm remembering the blue steering wheel Ford put in the focus RS, thank-god they didnt do that this time). Want to see a ST in black, what colour would the seats come in then?

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Before i test drove the ST i had a sit in the red showroom ST3 with full black leather.It was great and i think red is possibly the best colour imo.

I want a black one but red is sooooo tempting me at the mo.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Red is beautiful.

I had the choice of blue or black for imediate delivery...

For what I want the car for (sound offs) the blue was right for me.... You can get nice colour coding going...

BTW the pics are over exposed so thats why everything looks lighter!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Martyn, Cracking choice buddy. I fully agree with the purchase of this over a GTI. The GTI is way too overpriced. I was actually specc'ing one of these myself on the Ford site, and chose pretty much the same car as you (blue/blue/st2 etc), however....how on earth did you get it for ?16.5k? Thats much cheaper than the Ford site! The basic ST is ?17.5k, and with the ST2 pack and metallic paint its ?18,845!!!! You got yours nearly ?2.5k cheaper! HOW? [:O]

Once again, nice car buddy!

(As for the mats.....I would'nt get them either...they are ?150! How can such a good value car get mats priced that much? Go figure!)

·
Registered
271 Posts
....how on earth did you get it for ?16.5k? Thats much cheaper than the Ford site! The basic ST is ?17.5k, and with the ST2 pack and metallic paint its ?18,845!!!! You got yours nearly ?2.5k cheaper! HOW? [:O]
Autoebid has

ST1 ?14,387 (?17495)

ST2 ?15,207 (?18,495)

ST3 ?16,207 (?19,495)

These are dealer supplied cars - so thats the target price you should negotiate to when buying from your local blue oval.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts