Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
sweet[:D]

saw the road test on motors tv last night think it was called maxi test

very nice,thought you get recaros with the S3 ie like the RS4?or even Sline ones?the seats in my bros A4 3.0 tdi quattro Sline are superb

anyway soooo jealous

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the S3 was the natural progression for me after the R32. I thought I would miss the big V6 but so far I dont at all. The S3 is all together nicer, not quite so harsh and the build quality is noticeably better too. It feels as quick as my tweaked R in standard form, but after the remap I suspect it will be eating stage 2 R's for brekkie! [:D]

The car has exceeded my expectations in every way... but I havent had to get involved with the dealers yet....

The inside = quality, really nice materials and feel, lots of ally trim, and nice tactile materials used. Comfy and sporty at the same time.

Outside = Not as striking as an R, but I was ready to turn less heads, this is just more understated, which I really like, i think I will still find myself in as many duels...

The engine = give it some welly and the tune from the engine really does sound the biz, responsive and pretty quick!

·
Registered
423 Posts
You say it looks understated compared to the R but I dont think it is far off mate I think it looks incredibe. But out of all them shots the one that stands out for me is the interior shot of the handbrake...... thats one nifty looking lever!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
these are just the standard seat, didnt want the bucket seats (R32 stylie)

these are very comfy, they still hug you on the tight corners... and very easy to get in and out of [:D]

·
Registered
632 Posts
Absolutely gorgeous. Was never a fan of the earlier S3 but the new grill makes em look evil. Fab colour and am now swaying towards one of these for my next motor. Is that South Cave as in near Hull

·
Registered
160 Posts
No affence mate but im not to keen on it, maybe if I actully see one in the flesh I might feel different. Love the interior though! 

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
No affence mate but im not to keen on it, maybe if I actully see one in the flesh I might feel different. Love the interior though!
each to there own, the looks are very understated compared with the R, and maybe in the flesh you might think differently....

but if i was next to you at some traffic lights or better still you actually get to go in one, im confident you would think differently [:D]

ain standard form its so much quicker than the R (remapped) (and more refined) when mine is remapped you will have to supercharge to keep up [:p]

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Very nice car but for me, the bodykit doesnt look quite right . The front bumper looks good, but the sideskirts and rear valance thing look too 'stuck on'. The sideskirts dont follow the angle at the bottom of the doors, so it angles outwards, then in then out again that doesnt really make sense but you know what i mean!! And to me its crying out for a set of 19" RS4 wheels.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There 265ps standard arn't they? if they are thats quite impressive! dont you miss the V6 sound of the R32?
i thought i would tbh, but funnily not at all!

the scary thing is the S3 actually sounds better I reckon, the exhaust has one of those clever things on it, so when you cane it it makes the exhaust noise louder, it just sounds ace. Obviously when cruising around you dont get the boomy exhaust tune of the R, but i prefer it that way.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts