Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I decided to give the car long over due clean this sunday gone. [:$]

Materials used are all by Pinnicle (of Florida)

Shampoo - Pinnicle
Paintwork - Spit & shined with Souveran Carnuaba/Crystal Mist Carnuaba QD/Souveran Carnuaba
Tyres - Pinnicle Onyx Gel
Glass - Pinnicle Crystal Mist Carnuaba QD

I did intend to go the whole hog & get the PC out & use the XMT, but due to the dodgy weather, I gave it a miss, so maybe this weekend coming I'll give it a go ??

I really dont think you can beat the finish Pinnicle product give on Black paint [Y] Much better than Zymol, IMO...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Not A Swirl to be seen !![:D]
Posted Image

Posted Image

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/bmxboy/DOOR2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v379/bmxboy/DEEP.jpg

Thanks for looking [:)]

Thanks to C&S for the Souveran & MotorGeek for the other Pinnicle items

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
that is just rediculously shiney! [H] 3 years old and looks better than new!!!
Mines just a state, having a hope-pipe ban means i just cant be bothered! [:$] Put me to shame

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Your car is in absurdly good condition.

How on god's green earth do you manage to keep it like that, my car seems to have new stone chips and scratches on it every day!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Still absolutely flabbergasted by the quality of that finish!

Might try this pinnacle stuff!

Can you post a link to the pinnacle wax you used? Hopefully it's not as expensive as zymol!?!

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Looking good.

Jace, you say you have a load of stone chips on the front end, any chance of show a close up after your next detail ? It's just that my V5 has similar mileage and a lot of battle scaring at the front end (though not as bad as a friend's 328i which is turning white) and I'm looking for the best method of consealing this type of damage.

I've just taken delivery of some SRR 2.5 with the aim of using this to help fix the problem areas.

P.S Have you looked at making your TDI badges magnetic to help achive the perfectly even back end ?

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for your kind words [:)]

Mr RF, I'm gona give her a proper real detail tomorrow, so I'll take you some close up pics & send them on to you.[H] Its not as bad as your friends beemer by the sounds of it.

Pictures of this session will be posted, hopefully, making the above pics look dull

& Just for the record, milage is just over 96k now, knocking on 97k soon [:|]

1 - 20 of 23 Posts