Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got up early doors yesterday and headed up to see Tinter. Loving the contrast between the "pink" paint and the darker glass. Here's the results:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Big thanks to Liam and Mark for their work. I went for 50% on the sides and 35% on the rear.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Thats looks perfect, very nice indeed.

How does the percentage of tint work?

Is it the higher the % the lighter the tint, or other way round?

From looking at your car it looks like 35% is darker than 50% Correct?

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thats looks perfect, very nice indeed.

How does the percentage of tint work?

Is it the higher the % the lighter the tint, or other way round?

From looking at your car it looks like 35% is darker than 50% Correct?
Yeah, that's right. It's the amount of light that's let through.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The only way your car could be improved is with some BBS RC's they would suit it soooo well.

Good job !!
AGGGGGHHH! Stop! [|-)] I'd love some 18's. Was thinking CH's or RC's. Can't really warrant spending that sort of money though. Supposed to be trying to buy a house! [:^)]

Cheers for the comments everyone.[:D]

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
I have to agree with everyone else. It does look very nice.

Did Tinter come to you or did you go and see him? Anyone know if there is a tinting season coming soon

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
The only way your car could be improved is with some BBS RC's they would suit it soooo well.

Good job !!
AGGGGGHHH! Stop! [|-)] I'd love some 18's. Was thinking CH's or RC's. Can't really warrant spending that sort of money though. Supposed to be trying to buy a house! [:^)]

Cheers for the comments everyone.[:D]
Ypou shoulda asked that bloke who had those LM's on his stand at Inters Adi ! Did you get that dead pedal in the end ? I came back to find you lot just before I left but you'd all gone.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
'tis indeed Berry Red.

Tylerama: I had a look at those LM's but no matter how hard I looked I still couldn't afford them. Strange! Sorry for disappearing off at inters. I thought you and Lee had already gone. I didn't get the dead pedal in the end as I thought i'd save the cash as I'd already arranged to get the tints done.

Woodworm: Have you got any bigger pics of yours? I was wondering how A8's would look on a berry red car.

Zekegti: Me and my mate went up to Tinters' place as he needs at least a double garage to work in so he can get the car out of the elements. He'll come to you providing you've got enough cars for him to do to make it a worthwhile trip and a place to do it. www.tinter.co.uk He does a discount for us forum boys 'n girls so make sure you mention uk-mkiv's if you call him.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts