Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had the FK highsports which had been sat under my bed for months fitted last weekend. Also picked up some Brembo 4-pots so had them done at the same time.

Gave the car a quick wash yesterday, and I mean quick! Far too cold for that nonsense hence the rubbish photos. The rear end is about 5mm lower than it was on the VW sports suspension. The front is about the same. Will probably drop the front another 5mm once the springs have settled.

Firstly the brembos:

Bit tight under the 17's.

Posted Image

Did I mention it was tight? And that's with 15mm spacers!

Posted Image

Posted Image

A rubbish picture of the new stance, will take some next weekend after she's had a good bit of wax for the Ultimate Dubs show.

Posted Image

·
Registered
322 Posts
Looking nice mate, the old brembos look tight like you said bud. How much did they set you back and what size disc are they? Thinking about an upgrade, not sure wether to go for Brembos or a JBR 2v2 porsche job.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
You aren't joking about the Brembo's being a tight fit!!! How close is that? Less than 5mm?

Be good to see some better stance pics, always liked the colour of your motor mate.

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Looking lovely mate.  Lovin those Brembo's.  Hopefully see you and your 4-Mo next weekend at Ultimate Dubs.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers for the comments.

There's actually about 1 or 2mm clearance from looking at it. Not much at all. I'm not all that keen on running spacers that big on the front so i'm hoping to go to 18's later in the year when i've got the funds. Should be able to get a wheel with a better offset so I don't need the spacers. The R32 Oz wheels clear it by a country mile with no spacers.

Not got anymore pics at the moment. I'll take some next weekend. The rear is about 5mm lower than it was on the VW sports suspension and looks nice. The front could do with coming down a bit. Need to let the springs settle first.

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
Mucho bling points, ADi [Y] I always thought your wheels were quite distinctive together with your car's colour, but now you defo need to show off those Brembos. How about some BBS RS-GTs...

Posted Image

·
Registered
570 Posts
I do love the colour of your car and looks great now with those Brembos.

I was going to ask about where you got them before 'thechief' beat me to it. Can I ask if you can PM me with the advert of them so I can see if they have any more [;)]

Just wondering if they'll fit under my Santas though cause I know i need more stopping power [*-)]

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Not sure. Think i've limited myself a bit with having such huge calipers. Won't be able to get a nice dished wheel under there I don't think as I won't get the clearance without the wheel sticking out the arch. It'll be a while before I can afford any though so i've got plenty of time to decide.

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
Must take a good look at this next weekend Adi. Might help me make my mind up about whioch coilovers to get. (yes, i'm still faffing about like a girl deciding what to do!)

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well the FK's feel great when cornering hard. Had some fun chasing a Nissan 200SX the other day. Not too harsh a ride either. I'll have to take you both out for a spin sometime. If you've got the pennies, some stainless ones might be the best way to go for the obvious reason.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts