Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

The Official GTi Edition 30 'Ordered' Club

5K views 50 replies 18 participants last post by  gttdi130 
#1 ·
Hi guys, after putting a deposit on a GTi Edition 30 today I'm a
little interested in those who have also ordered one, so thought i
would start up a little thread.

So if you have also ordered an
Edition 30, and don't mind posting your spec and details, add it below.
March is going to be a long wait....

Spec ordered:
- Tornado Red
- 3DR
- DSG
- Bi-Xenons Headlights
- Highline Multi function Computer

Delivery
- Apparently mid February but going to (try to!) wait until March 1st.

Dealer
- Heritage Weston Super Mare (near Bristol)

#2 ·
i ordered

VOLKSWAGEN GOLF GTI EDITION 30 3 DOOR with;<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>

Reflex Silver Metallic paint,<o:p></o:p>

Manual gearbox,<o:p></o:p>

Highline computer,<o:p></o:p>

Xenon lights,<o:p></o:p>

Front centre armrest<o:p></o:p>

Smoking pack &

Rear tinted windows

from baisingstoke vw but the car will live in west yorkshire,

1st of march hopefully[H]

#5 ·
Why no armrest?
Im not sure really. Just one of those things ive never really felt the need for and never understood why 'sports seats' come with an armrest. I didnt have one on my mk4 with Recaro's and it just seems to get in the way in my Dad's Audi with the hand brake.
i wasnt interested in the armrest for the same reason, had one in our mk4 and i hated it, but the mk5 one doesnt get in the way, and it looks some much better with the armrest, the cup holders have a cover over them and then theres the rear vents. anyone got a pic of with and without?

#7 ·
anyone got a pic of with and without?
yeh that would be interesting to see. Ive only driven ones with (2 manuals and 1 DSG) and it did seem obtrusive, but like i said, I've never lived with a car which has had one so dont really know what im missing.

Also does anyone know if its an easy retro fit. I know it was fairly easy on Mk4

#13 ·
?115 not bad really.

from what i remember the armrest top slides back so its out of the way, am i right?
The armrest is a definate must imo, i wouldnt have had my MKV GTI without one as it makes the interior look so much better plus the cup holder, rear vents and the actual arm rest itself are really useful too... [Y]

The armrest can only slide forward from it's resting position, but when fully back it's nowhere near as obstructive as the one fitted in a MK4 [:)]

#14 ·
Ordered My E30 Nov-06 For 1st March 07 Delivery Spec As Below :-

3 Door,Black,Electric Sunroof,Frontcentre Armrest with Ipod Prep,Rear tinted Windows From "B" Pillar Back,Highline Computer,Bi-xenon lights,Smokers Pack,headlamp Protectors,Cruise Control.

Can't Wait March Seems A Long Way Off.

#15 ·
Here we go:-

5 door.

DSG.

Reflex Silver.

Front arm rest with USB prep. ( But I will have to wait and see if it turns up with I-Pod prep instead - see previous post.)

Bi - Xenon headlights.

Smoking pack- don't smoke but I think it finishes the console off better.

Highline computer.

South Yorkshire dealer - but will live in West Yorkshire. Del 1st March 2007.

Oh and can't wait! [H]

And a Happy New Year to you all.

#17 ·
just noticed today that the edition 30 has leather door cards too, which is another bonus. if all the grey fabric bits on standard gti interlagoes, are in leather on the edition 30, thats quite a bit of leather, far more than i expected
That is a nice little bonus then. I hadn't even thought about that.

So back to the arm rests subject, has anyone ordered one without?

#23 ·
Hello all, just discovered this site & thought this would be the appropriate thread to start on.

Ordered a GTI on 7th June 2006 for delivery on 1st March 2007 (Lease car goes back). Then read about the Edition 30 in the motoring press & waited for official announcement. Ordered my Edition 30 the day after the prices were relesed to the dealers & then sat down to wait.......and wait and wait.

Arrrrggghhhh! Why is March 1st taking so long to get here?

Anyway, I've ordered the following:

5 door
DSG
Steel Grey
Bi-Xenons
Multi-function wheel
Ipod prep and armrest
Highline computer
Rear parking sensors
Cruise Control

And probably some other bits too, can't remember! Can't wait. Already picked up my Fast from ebay, roll on 1st March.

p.s. is the Autoglym preperation worth it when you buy the car?

Cheers everyone.

#24 ·
p.s. is the Autoglym preperation worth it when you buy the car?
Nice choice of spec. Had my gti (also in grey/DSG) for 3 weeks now and not bored of it yet!

Off topic a bit, but I bought an Autoglym 'lifeshine' dealer pack from ebay for 50p (seems ?10 is the going rate). It consists
of two bottles of scotchguard type stuff that's sprayed on the carpets
and seats, a small bottle of gloss protector that's applied like a
liquid wax, a small bottle of stuff for the side and rear glass (rain-x
type stuff) and a small bottle of screen wash additive. After applying you're meant to keep the car dry for a few hours to ensure the gloss protector cures fully.

I think you also get a valeting pack (of which you can buy all the stuff from any motor factors) from the dealer - but then that may be extra.

Personally
I wouldn't pay the ?250, or whatever, the dealer is charging to have the
'Saturday boy' do what you can easily do yourself, but then will you have time when you'll be wanting to drive the new toy!? It's not the most complex of things to apply - after all the bottles are labelled A, B, C & D !

Cheers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.