Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so i've gone nearly a week now without washing my hair with soap (shampoo), last time i did that was Saturday morning but only because my brother's wedding. Apparently, after a few weeks all the natural oils build up and it washes itself, and it looks great. I had a shower this morning and just rinsed it with water, which is what i am going to do say, once or twice a week for the next month to try and see if the theory is true. At the moment, it looks extremely greasy, which i can only imagine will get worse until the natural oils do their stuff. But hopefully i can stick it out until then and it wont smell too bad.

Anyone want to join me in this challenge to see if it works??!!

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
I had thought about this in the past, But i work in a dirty engineering environment so i was not sure how my hair would cope with the chemicals and smells...

Keep us posted as i may convert yet !

Jay

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its not an urban myth because i've spoken to people who have tried it and it worked, only thing i that could break me is if i have to go to a party or something, and it really looks awful and stinks, but i'm gonna try my best to leave it, will probably be sitting alone in lectures for the next few weeks then!!

Will post pics later.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
I got no hair to shampoo lol.. well if you count a grade 2 on top and half blade at the side lol.. otherwise i would of tried it.. [y]

Sat [y]

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
It takes a long time to work, but before that your hair will stink big time [+o(]

I tried it years ago when I had long hair (below shoulder length) lasted about 3weeks I think before my missus at the time MADE me wash it.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Are you really that poor that you cant afford shampoo? lol Seriously though is there any point to this experiment or is just a student fad? [:|]

·
Registered
780 Posts
Does it really work?
I've heard it too all over.

So you wash with water and not shampoo etc? Think I could do that! Moving out soon so every penny saved helps :D

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
Dan, you make me laugh ![:D] First, you put on a thread about how to get rid of dandruff and which shampoo is best, now you don't wash it at all...

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Clean hair isnt a great concern to me when I have a grade 1 weekly and a bald spot lol!!

That said, I'd still rather leave the cleaning to shampoo...

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Ive been told about this before aswell, a mate that I used to work with, he gf who was a hairdresser said the same thing.

Ive managed to only do a couple of days before but it becomes very greasy as you said and I just HAVE to wash it.

Plus I use hair wax and and it wont come out with just water so I have to shampoo.

Keep us updated, would like to know what happens [Y]

·
Registered
654 Posts
I did this a couple of years ago and lasted 6 months.

Two weeks after the itchy head stage all seems OK. Then after the third hair cut the hairdresser said my hair was very dry and needed washing. Grey hair tends to dry more than standard hair, I have a bit more grey these days.

So I did start washing it and it is better for it. Will stay this way!

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
6 months lol! You said your the hairdresser said your hair was dry, but had you been rinsing it with water in the shower, or just leaving it dry?

You are allowed to use just water to rinse it in the shower, but you cannot put any shampoo or soap near it for the duration. People seem to think washing your hair regularly with shampoo is good for it, when in fact i have been told the opposite, that when you wash it too often you are washing out the natural oils that condition the hair naturally, and so leaving it more dry and in worse condition.

People are making this out to be really disgusting, i dont think so , i think not washing period is disgusting, then you start smelling of body odour and that is truly disgusting. My hair is pretty fine and fair, so wont look too bad or greasy. Dont get me wrong, i will shower and wash regularly, i just wont wash my hair.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts