Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After going in to a skoda dealership to look at a used 1.8 rs, i found myself drawn to the latest model and fell in love with it straight away (i never thought i would say that about a skoda)!  Anyway, what do people think about the latest vrs?  And is anyone about to buy one themselves??  Anyone comments welcome.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Took one for a test drive with a mate of mine, awesome car. Well spec'd for it's price, doesn't 'feel' quick for what it is, but the speedo races up if that makes sense. If I could afford the insurance and fuel consumption I wouldn't hesitate to get one!

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
ive always liked the old vrs and think the new one looks even better , ok its a skoda but thats not a bad thing anymore i'd definately consider one in the future

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I had a 1.8 vRS and it was brilliant - and the new one is supposed to be a big improvement.

Do people really still think "its a Skoda" etc etc??

·
Registered
14 Posts
I've driven a friends vRS and it's a cracking drive. Just like my 2.0l Tdi it's a good handler and it can easily handle a remap.

and for 2.5k less than a Golf Gti, it's not to be sniffed at.

for another option, the new Seat Leon FR will have the same engine too and it's out soon.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think that the public have seen a vast improvement in the company, but there are still people out there that wont bother looking at one because of the badge, perhaps they should re-design the logo. Rooboy, i also like the new leon, but the octavia is more practical for me as the interior and boot space is huge!! I have a dog that can only travel in the boot, and currently i have to put luggage etc on the back seat when we go to visit family. Wheras the octavia boot, i can stick stuff in the boot to on side and still have room for the mutt.

On saturday i'm hopefully going to look at one if its still there. I will post up to let you know how i get on.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Yes, some people do compare all things crap to a Skoda, but they are ignorant or snob like.

The new Octavia is in my opinion, a fantastic car. I will be looking for a shot of the VRS in due course petrol and diesel as it is in my short list for the next car when that time comes.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Not made up about the new vRS. Looks cracking in the press pics from the right advertising angles, yet I found it a letdown in the flesh, bit soppy looking.

Pricewise, its not an option for me, but the old one is, so much so that it is a very serious contender when I replace the Golf. Still think its looks better and harder too. Black with some 18" anthracite SuperLeggaras and coilovers. Mmm.

OK, the new one is more advanced, the interior is a huge step, better spec etc, but VFM for the old one, hard to beat. More so with a ?300 remap

Just avoid the yellow ones unless you like people waiving at you!

As for the badge, lol, just laugh at those who put their nose up because they are ignorant and ill informed.

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Not made up about the new vRS. Looks cracking in the press pics from the right advertising angles, yet I found it a letdown in the flesh, bit soppy looking.

Pricewise, its not an option for me, but the old one is, so much so that it is a very serious contender when I replace the Golf. Still think its looks better and harder too. Black with some 18" anthracite SuperLeggaras and coilovers. Mmm.

OK, the new one is more advanced, the interior is a huge step, better spec etc, but VFM for the old one, hard to beat. More so with a ?300 remap

Just avoid the yellow ones unless you like people waiving at you!

As for the badge, lol, just laugh at those who put their nose up because they are ignorant and ill informed.
The old VRS is positively expensive if you compare it like for like vs an equivalent age/mileage Toledo 20VT like I have though [;)]. Same suspension, box, brakes and pretty much everything else all wrapped up in a body which is more attractive than a Bora.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, ive done it..  I have traded the 4mo in for a brand new vrs and should get it delivered in the next 10 days!  I have gone for the race blue colour with a couple of optional extras.  I never thought i would ever buy a brand new car as i always normaly have on thats 3 years old.  I will take some photos when i get it.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Well, ive done it.. I have traded the 4mo in for a brand new vrs and should get it delivered in the next 10 days! I have gone for the race blue colour with a couple of optional extras. I never thought i would ever buy a brand new car as i always normaly have on thats 3 years old. I will take some photos when i get it.
How much was it mate? How much trade in did they give you?

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
all wrapped up in a body which is more attractive than a Bora.
I'd say that's subjective, as I think the Bora looks much nicer than the Toledo. [;)]
It is very much subjective! The Toledo still looks better to me like [;)]

Anyway, congrats on the Octavia VRS. Be sure to post losts of pics, info and opinions on it mate. [y]

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the comments guy's.  I got ?8715 for the 4mo, and with the extras i have 10k to pay including my private plate.  I was happy with the trade in price cos i looked at a some that were 6 months old and the most i was offered was ?7200, the bottom was ?6800, which i thought took the wee wee slightly, as only paid 12k 9 months ago!!!!  I started to sell it privately to begin with, but gave up because it wont sell very well with 2 months mot, and a months tax, and due a 50k service.  Trade in was the easy option!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Paul2070: Apart from the race blue metallic paint, i went for the maxi dot that goes in the instrument binnacle, 18 inch upgrade, and the dual climate which comes with air-conditioned centre armrest and rear lecky windows. I hope to stick cruise control and sat nav at a later date. I intend to do a self fit.

Dave_H: Thankyou for that link i will definitely have a nosey on there.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts