548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
if it is i am well pleased

do you think they'll do group buy ha-ha

early to bed for me[|-)]

·
Registered
409 Posts
If it is, just looks like any other Mk-V GTi with different wheels.
Maybe they should take tips from Awesome Gti's car - it looks better.

·
Registered
493 Posts
5 door R34??
four exhausts which are different sizes??
GTI grill??

- lots of questions about these pics

Sarge
As DBGTTDI says it's probably been done to keep people like us guessing about what exhaust and body styling it will have. Looks nice though.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
5 door R34??
four exhausts which are different sizes??
GTI grill??
Yes they are old pics, from the 'Ring by the looks of things.

- They made a 5-dr R32
- The two central exhausts are discreetly dull and probably the "working" tailpipes on this mule, and the offset twin chrome pipes just draw attention away from the central ones as part of a disguise.
- Seems fair enough to put a GTI front end on rather than give the game away about a styling detail.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Well in my opinion if it is, which I doubt very much, those tailpipes look hideous!! If I put that on my car you would all laugh so hard! the chrome tailpipes are a pretty obvious photoshop. Also, is the new R going to come with cloth and a sunroof?

·
Registered
279 Posts
I know that they are not, but I so wish that those extra 2 pipes (the smaller ones) are turbo external wastegate exits!

Some of the higher power Turbo Porsches adopt this method, along with other high power presitge cars.

It is the best way to vent off vast ammounts of Exhaust gasses to control a high power turbo car.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I know that they are not, but I so wish that those extra 2 pipes (the smaller ones) are turbo external wastegate exits!

Some of the higher power Turbo Porsches adopt this method, along with other high power presitge cars.

It is the best way to vent off vast ammounts of Exhaust gasses to control a high power turbo car.
Is the R34 going to have a turbo?

·
Registered
579 Posts
looks very badly photoshopped to me in the shot with the front end showing it has large rear wheels and small front then the back end shot has large front wheels and small back rims

·
Registered
387 Posts
Front shot - under braking? making front end sink and thus making rims look different sizes?

Rear shot - under acceleration? making rear end sink and thus making rims look different sizes?

If that's bad Photoshopping then show us some good photoshopping[;)]

Sarge

·
Registered
579 Posts
Front shot - under braking? making front end sink and thus making rims look different sizes?

Rear shot - under acceleration? making rear end sink and thus making rims look different sizes?

If that's bad Photoshopping then show us some good photoshopping[;)]

Sarge
some good photoshopping as requested

Posted Image

Posted Image

and looks alot better than the black one[;)]

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
does it matter what it looks like now? Its whats underneath the bodywork that we want to know about? Obviously keeping it subtle to work on that b4 putting in new seats and worrying about a sunroof! [:D]

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
What I was getting at with the sunroof is if that's a test model that they have built, why would thy go to the trouble of then putting a sunroof into it!? Therefore, to me, photoshop springs to mind, especially with those 2 silver exhausts sticking out the wrong way!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts