·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Whats rubbish about it?

It's
now a lot easier to find things, much like finding information in the
Performance and Technical forums, you can now quick jump the sections
your interested in.

Also as we're now giving members the opportunity to list non vag items, I think the overall system is a lot better. If anything it may need to be split down more, and have seperate sections for interior and bodywork.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, i just liked the fact before you could see everything that was new at a glance, and now you have to go into 5 different forums to do that.

I dont think people generally go looking for specific stuff in the classifieds, they just kinda browse to see whats on offer, and from that point of view i think the preious layout was better.

Just my opinion :)

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
wasn't it like this on the old forum? I like it, but I can see your point of view Darkus2.

I would also like to see people who advertise, post some pics up of the things they are selling [:^)] as Pic's say 1000 words... As an example I won't touch an ad in say?? Auto trader that didn't have a pic!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can see your point Darkus, I suppose a search facility would aid the new layout somewhat. As pointed out though this is similar to how our classifieds system used to be. I guess its just a case of getting used to it again.

Deadlock - If you check the announcement in each classified forum, you'll notice we're advising people to use pictures in their ads - and, that if need be, we can provide hosting for them as well [:)]

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
I can see your point Darkus, I suppose a search facility would aid the new layout somewhat. As pointed out though this is similar to how our classifieds system used to be. I guess its just a case of getting used to it again.

Deadlock - If you check the announcement in each classified forum, you'll notice we're advising people to use pictures in their ads - and, that if need be, we can provide hosting for them as well [:)]
[Y]

OT - is that you as well Tabs?

·
Registered
7 Posts

[Y]

OT - is that you as well Tabs?
Sorry, yes its me - Been doing some testing and keep forgetting to log out lol!

·
Knows nothing about cars, even less about Golfs&#3
932 Posts
also how about putting a minimum price they'll accept?

the sellers must receive loads of emails/pms from people asking how much, or will you accept this?

if at least they state a minimum price, it will eradicate quite a few pointless pms/emails.

sometimes I really am unsure of how much something is worth second hand, at leats with a min price it'll give an indication.

Also is there a reason why people can't reply? or post up offers, they say min ?100 then in a way you get people "bidding"?

·
Registered
742 Posts
it looks goot Tabs, but why not have a section under all the new forums where it shows you newly added items for that day for all forums... then the next day users have to go to those forums to find the stuff...

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
also how about putting a minimum price they'll accept?

the sellers must receive loads of emails/pms from people asking how much, or will you accept this?

if at least they state a minimum price, it will eradicate quite a few pointless pms/emails.

sometimes I really am unsure of how much something is worth second hand, at leats with a min price it'll give an indication.

Also is there a reason why people can't reply? or post up offers, they say min ?100 then in a way you get people "bidding"?
I see your point and have come across the 'offers' type posts before.
We can advise that sellers must place a price on their ads but it would
be hard to police.

We removed the ability to reply due to wanting the classifieds system
self containted. It was at one time an open system and took quite a lot
of time to administer. Now its just a case of it being a static ads
system which works better with a larger volume of posts.

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
it looks goot Tabs, but why not have a section
under all the new forums where it shows you newly added items for that
day for all forums... then the next day users have to go to those
forums to find the stuff...
This would be similar to active topics - however as topics are locked
in the classifieds, they don't appear on active topics, so it would be
hard to design something like this.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
i must sa yi'm not too keen , i liked the old browsing way, then you'd come across something you need that you didn't know existed. but pictures and prices would be much help

·
Registered
728 Posts
I must say i am not keen on the new Classifieds either. It was much easier to see all the new ads in one place as 1: you may come across something that you did not know you wanted or existed 2: someone may put something in the wrong place and also peoples spelling (inc mine) sucks, so putting in a search would not really help.

When i search for golf bits on eBay i search everything Golf under VW and the amount of bargains i get because people have put things in the wrong sections, word titles badly or have completely spelt something wrong is amazing. Also stuff i buy that i would never have looked for too. Bought a bargain Road Angel 2 a few days ago as title read Blackspot Angle 2.

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
Hang on guys - wasn't this changed because people said they didnt' like the old style?! LOL - talk about contrast in users [;)]

C

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Yes, every site change is made in response to user feedback, and every time you get others complaining that they prefer the old way. It's impossible to please everyone all the time

Comments received about the old system were that items were easy to overlook, and that items dropped off the front page far too quickly due to everything being 'lumped together' in one category - hence introducing a few classification systems.

For the record, items will not be approved in the wrong category - they must be posted in the correct place. Everything is explained in the sticky announcement threads in that section.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts