Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time: 14:10

Me and the wife in the car on the way back home, and the lights change to red. A queue of cars in the L/H lane to go straight on; R/H lane empty. I go into the empty lane and end up head to head with a Chavesse in a fiesta with a big whale tale spoiler (she didn't look more than 17). There's me thinking 'aahh bless - I'll show her how this is done, she won't see me for dust'.

Lights turn amber, handbrake off, throttle down, clutch up and ............I stall the engine[V]The wife just looked at me and said nothing. Never have I felt so bad. It was awful! I'm sure I saw fiesta bird grinning in the mirror, light glinting off the ironing board strapped to the back of her motor.

Blo*dy V5. Why is it so had to launch cleanly away from a standing start???????????

·
Registered
59 Posts
Oh the shame of it! Mark...this wouldn't happen to be the Blue Fiesta that does the city centre rounds on a saturday would it - the one with the quadruple exhaust? If so, even more embarrassing![:I]

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
hehe quality :D I did the same thing, well almost - i started in 3rd at the time [:p] - in my old MR2 turbo against some little Corsa pile of poop. oh did I feel small!

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
It takes a real man to own up to something like that. Good on wifey too for knowing when it's best to say nothing.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Granted, you should have done better! But knowing how the chavs and chavettes do work on their car, you would have passed them by shortly after parts of body kit fell off!

LOL, NExt time I see a V5 at a set of lights I will try and make it stall by revving my tractor unit! lol

·
Registered
92 Posts
Quote: posted by swampdonkey on 27/01/2005 23:28:29

The V5 is quite a torquey motor[!]

U have more chance of stalling a Massey Ferguson tractor LOL[:D]

If only that were true...

·
Registered
666 Posts
If it's any consolation, I''ve stalled my R a few times since owning it.

And that's got loads of torque!

Only when my minds elsewhere though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts