Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, after much time shes finnaly ready to be paraded on this forum. Feels like its been ages trying to sort everything out but its been worth all the hassle.

Finnaly got those rims and tarox pads & discs on the old girl with enough time to paint the calipers (its took ALL DAY, 3 coats).

These are only just preliminary photos taken on my phone but i just wanted to see see everyones views and opinions!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

So guys is she worthy to be at the next london cruise? [:p]

Thanks YOGi

·
Registered
296 Posts
Very nice yogi, love the grey - underrated colour IMO. Are those 17" or 18" rs4s? I like those center caps as oppose to the other style. Where did you purchase if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Looking very nice Yogi - Love the colour (but i'm biased [;)] )

Did you take the calipers off to paint them, or just do them while they're on?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey guys, well what can i say but thanks for the great feedback[:D] Nice to know theres a good community of us out there & i appreciate your support and comments.

Now let me try and answer all them questions [:I]

Gti Fly - Future mods.... Hmmm let me see if i can get away with it, girlfriend isnt to impressed with me referencing the car as a 'her' or 'she' (spending too much time on the car) [:p] But yeah hopefully over the summer i'll be looking into a bit of REVO fun and the usual bits and bobs that go around it e.g. replacement filter, DV, hosing & possibly a sly turbo back miltek with a V6 rear valance...... once my pocket has recovered. But i tell you what, you guys are drving me nuts with the thought of R32 steering wheels, zenons and all the other good deals on offer in the group buys section.

0w3n, kingkoop, Sem - The wheels are 18" RS4 reps with Goodyear Eagle F1's. They were supplied by a contact from Elite and the quality of both caps and wheels is amazing, highly recommended all balanced and fitted ready to go on (with a nice gesture of some MCguard locking wheel nuts). Pm me if you would like any contact details.

T5OLF - Im still considering the drop, but i was very impressed with the golf's handling as it is standard. If i do i think i'll go for some eibach springs, possibly some ARB's.

Benn130TDI - Yeah i painted them a couple of days after i fitted the tarox pads & disc's (again got these from my guy at elite) Ideally i would have liked to take the calipers off but i didnt have the time. All i did was mask up the important bits and made sure i gave it enough coats (the first one looked absolutly crap as even though i cleaned them well there was traces of brake dirt) just made sure i used a small brush for the detailed parts.

hz2921 - Mate you gotta try and come down to the london meet, drive up in convoy!

Deadlock, ADi Nuff Valves - Im gonna definatly try and make the london meet - it'll be good to meet all you guys in the flesh & it should be a good laugh.

Again thanks alot for your comments and i'll look forward to meeting you all.

Cheers YOGi

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
nice looking car.

Have you found the braking performance has improved since fitting the Tarox discs & pads [?]. Did you have OEM brake components before hand [?]

·
Registered
685 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote: posted by 02 Bora on 21/01/2005 10:38:56

nice looking car.

Have you found the braking performance has improved since fitting the Tarox discs & pads [?]. Did you have OEM brake components before hand [?]

Im still running the brakes in gently but overall yes i have noticed a welcomed difference. They feel alot sharper & are very impressive at high speeds.

YOGi

1 - 18 of 18 Posts