Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just watched Tarantinos latest movie in a packed Cambridge cinema (full of dodgily dressed students) and I have to say its one of the goriest and sickest films I've seen in a long time.

So overall 9/10 [Y][:D]

C

·
Registered
70 Posts
Can't wait to see it, trying to get a large group from work together to go and see it. think tarantino is only "presenting" the film though (what ever that means) so don't think it can be classed as one of his films, but if its good enough for quentin then its certainly good enough for me.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I saw this last Saturday, me the gf and her mum and dad, Great film, even though its not Tarantinos, he only 'Presents' the film as said above and its directed by a friend of his, a few scenes which have no real point, but I wasn?t arguing [:)] and second half is where its at! if you can laugh at gore then this is your film, possible sequels to [y]

·
Registered
181 Posts
With all that gratuitous nudity.... you must have been squirming like a snake [;)]
Not at all, i did glance away from the screen occasionaly tho, just to see the look on her mums face [:D] Thank god their a great laugh![H]

Anyone else seen it yet?

·
Registered
125 Posts
gonna go watch it 2moro hopefully, my girlfriend wont come with me cus she found out theres nudity in it lol. goin with mates instead

·
Registered
642 Posts
i cant wait to finally get out the house and see this [:D]

watched the making of it last night and the little clip bits had me hiding behind the quilt!!

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Went to see it with the GF on Sunday. Thought it was really good, a welcome change to ther other japanese and american studio horror and suspense movies that seem to the norm these days.

I thought the film was quite effective in shocking during the second half, even though there were a few cut scenes where you didn't see what was happening but could 'hear' the action - this to me is a very good use of atmosphere for the audience. Of course the gore was well laid on as well!

I couldn't stop laughing at Ollie though, specially the first line he comes out with in the Sauna scene [:D]

·
Registered
639 Posts
MissT16 - Don't waste your money on seeing it at the cinema then - you won't see much of it!

To anyone that has seen it: How'd you do it? Old Skool or quick? :p The thing that guy does to his victim is wrong..

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MissT16 - Don't waste your money on seeing it at the cinema then - you won't see much of it! To anyone that has seen it: How'd you do it? Old Skool or quick? :p The thing that guy does to his victim is wrong..
The director Eli Roth mentioned in an interview that he got the idea from a place in Thailand where for $10,000 you go into a room and pop someone. Bizzarely its usually with the victim's consent as they are mostly dirt poor peasants who need to pay off debts or provide support for their families.

C

·
Registered
5,827 Posts
With all that gratuitous nudity.... you must have been squirming like a snake [;)]
Not at all, i did glance away from the screen occasionaly tho, just to see the look on her mums face [:D] Thank god their a great laugh![H]

Anyone else seen it yet?
Lol.. I'd have done the same !

·
Registered
70 Posts
Finaly got around to seeing it on wednesday and it was even better than I expected. Yes it's sick and its bloody, but it had alot more to it than that at the same time. Found myself laughing in parts when I felt I shouldn't have been (ie when the kids stop the car with the 'bad guys' in) bit slow at one point but on the edge of my seat most of the time, unexpected scenes also. I could talk about it all night, but I won't. I could say if you haven't already seen it then do, but i don't think this film is going to be for everyone! but then again it's worth seeing on the basis that every woman in the film wasn't cast purely for their acting skills... if you now what i mean[;)]

·
Registered
924 Posts
how about the point when the doctor sed the guy can go...but then cut the tentant on the back of his foot!!!! i didnt want to stand up after that...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts