Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I guess thats it then...the love is finally over[cry]

After 5 years of ownership, it has let me down. Popping, juddering and sounding like a scooby with the emissions light flashing away at me. I thought it would be, and my fears were confirmed, coilpack on cylider 3 had broken.

5 years and the only warning lights that ever came up were the washer fluid and tailgate open ones. 5 years and not a single running problem, and now this!

Can I forgive it? Of course I can[lol-lol]

·
Pro tinkerer
5,647 Posts
I had my Golf 6yrs before I had a problem. Then it was one after another for about 6 months including power steering, rad, boot switch+wiper, front+rear bushs, rear calliper, rear door locking module, and laquer peel on the roof before the gearbox finally went [cry]

·
Registered
385 Posts
Could of been worst!

My Mates Saab intake manifold exploded the other day. Apprently the Vauxhall, sorry i mean Saab intake value springs fail and let system back fire into the intake!

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I couldn't get rid of the golf! I ploughed too much money into it, and now the market value is not very much so it would be pointless selling!

As I am about to move house the golf will be put in to semi-retirement as I am going to bike the 12 mile daily commute, not as much fun but will save loads of money! Of course I will still be keeping the mk1 cabby and using that on a nice sunny day[:p]

1 - 9 of 9 Posts