Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, I've been hanging around these parts for the last 8 months now, without much of a thread to myself. I've even been showing up to most of the meets like a good boy.

So I thought I would finally put up somewhere to update as things progress, as I feel like the car is in a position where is is structurally a pretty good base for my project.

Firstly, this is how the car stood when I picked it up:

Indigo blue 1999 plate 1.9 tdi 110bhp. remapped to around 145bhp and 295n/m.

135,000 miles.

decent paintwork, underneath a few scratches.

16" 4motion alloys, which still need to go!

It looked like this after a clean:

I didn't think it was too bad for £1700.

I then decided to get rid of the oh too shiny door handles and the ugly wood trim:

first for the textured carbon fibre vynil:

Then I used the sanding trick to get the brushed look on the door handles:

After these mods, I got a 4motion gear knob and some black octavia vrs alloys in 17"x7" from the good o-lethal-b.

Also, I have a set of 60mm shocks and springs to go on some time this week.

Then, I fitted some H.I.D's in 8000k

and some 7LED side lights, below is before and after with only the sides on.

I also debadged the front. But I have lost the fxxking plastic notch infill so I will have to wait for my bodyshop mate to weld it for me.

Today I put the flyeyeskit on the rear lights and the side repeaters. It was a bit rainy outside so I will have to wait to do the fronts another day because I just cba to drop the bumper to get the lights off and inside the house. I can however report that one kit is enough to do all the lights on the car, contrary to what i was told by others. Perhaps they changed the size of the kit. Either way, I think it looks the absolute dogs!!!

before:

After:

On the car:

(also showing the blue LED courtesy lights. I also changed the interior lights to LED items)

WIth the lights on (it is amazing how little light is lost compared to how dark the lights look):

Then the side markers:

I have also received an r-line fornt bumper. I am also having the rear rub strip smoothed out and the rear valance smoothed in. I will be ordering some 10mm spacers for the front and 15mm hub-centric spacers for the back as soon as I get some money.

So, there it is. Sorry for going on a bit, but I kept remembering more stuff.

Any comments and criticism is welcome. (pardon my spelling and grammar)

Thanks for reading,

Jamie

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man, I discovered with the flyeyes that a hairdryer on the film for a few seconds makes them much easier to work with round the curves, and also to start in the center of a flat bit rather than an edge.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Thanks man, I discovered with the flyeyes that a hairdryer on the film for a few seconds makes them much easier to work with round the curves, and also to start in the center of a flat bit rather than an edge.
Thanks for the pointers will keep it in mind when a do it, a didnt even consider doing the other lights was only gonna do the fronts but i might have justed changed my mind

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mattblack12: Oh yeah it was a good one, until the 'event'

for everyone else, I had style dynamix custom fabricate me a completely boxless and cat-free exhaust system. when it gets to 3000rpm, it does really start to roar. I personally have not ever heard a louder exhaust system and i've got some 8.2 chrysler powered jensens at my house. haha.

mcpickering: yeah they might have been [:$]. I payed for them now by the way. sorry aboot thaaaat!!

Timbomfg: Yeah thats what I meant :S . And why merlins beard eh?

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Right, as requested, photos of the fronts!

To say I am happy with the way they have turned out is an understatement, these kits really are top stuff!

before(lights off)

drivers side done (lights on showing how little light is blocked)

Another 50/50 shot:

Both done(lights off):

Both done(lights on):

Close up showing the whole fly eye effect:

And i personally think this shot look pretty evil:

Jamie

1 - 20 of 37 Posts