Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's the end of a era for me tomorrow as F4T4SS will no longer be mine....................

I have owned her for 3 years now and it's been a joy from start to finish. She has had a lot of money spent on her and I think that she looks as I intended. Don't get my wrong, if I had more money then I would do things differently but it's time to move on and spend my money on a newer project.

F4T4SS now has 165k on the clock and she is 6 years old, I don't think that she is showing her age and I am hoping that the new owner will be as happy as I have been owning her. I thought that I would share some last cleaning pics with all you guys and show you her final selling condition:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v251/Baker21/DSC02976.jpg

I would like to thank everyone on the forum for helping me with advice and providing me with contacts and products to modify F4T4SS. This forum is great and it's a shame that the new motor will not be able to have such a great forum behind it to help the modifications start.

Needless to say that the new owner will be on the forum posting replies and asking for you help no doubt.

What else can I say apart from, it's been emotional, LOL!!

I am off to start writing a list of mods for the Skoda Superb now - watch this space for pictures - if it's OK with you guy I would still like to stay on this forum even if I don't own a VW anymore?

(Got to make some money selling Hella products to fund the new mods, LOL!!)

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Beautiful! I must say yours was an inspiration when i saw it at Castle
Combe 2 years back at the VAG day. It made me go and buy one!

Definately stay around, you're still VAG [:)]

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Well Simon, it's a shame to see it go, and like you say, i hope the new owner will be as happy with it as you've been and will frequent the forum just as much. It's always sad to see something go that you've spent so much time and effort on! [:'(]

And who cares if it's got 165k on the clock... You'd never tell to look at it, it's in fantastic condition! [:O]

On a final note, please do stick around. You'll always be welcome here mate, and if you leave where will we get our Hella products from then eh?! [;)]

Hope you enjoy the new car, and try not to shed too many tears over the departing F4T4SS will ya?! It's done you proud! [:D]

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Beautiful! I must say yours was an inspiration when i saw it at Castle Combe 2 years back at the VAG day. It made me go and buy one!
Definately stay around, you're still VAG [:)]
Thanks for that mate, I am glad that the car gave you something to work towards, you can't beat the Oettinger kit IMO as it's just OEM+!!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well Simon, it's a shame to see it go, and like you say, i hope the new owner will be as happy with it as you've been and will frequent the forum just as much. It's always sad to see something go that you've spent so much time and effort on! [:'(]

And who cares if it's got 165k on the clock... You'd never tell to look at it, it's in fantastic condition! [:O]

On a final note, please do stick around. You'll always be welcome here mate, and if you leave where will we get our Hella products from then eh?! [;)]

Hope you enjoy the new car, and try not to shed too many tears over the departing Fatass will ya?! It's done you proud! [:D]
Aprreciate your comments mate. The new owner drove her away with a big smile on his face and I think the worst thing is seeing her rolling and knowing how good she looks!! It's a heartbreaker!!!

She is in great shape and it's a tribute to VW, 165k and still looking great, paintwork, bodywork and running gear all OK!!

Haven't got a car at all now, it's like having no legs but I am looking forward to it, let's see what you can do with a Skoda then shall we?!?!?!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
By the way guys, I am staying on here as I love this forum, hope that you guys won't mind a Skoda being on board and remember, you need Hella products then I'm your man, LOL!!!

·
Registered
632 Posts
Simon, i really feel for you. i know what a sickener it must be seeing it being driven(i have to suffer the indignity of seeing my ex drive around in mine), till i get a v6 of my own. if yours had been a v6 i would have been delighted to take it off your hands as i want another now and yours was a truly exceptional example.

but on the bright side your skoda input will be eagerly awaited as my new woman is looking at octavia vrs's so keep up the good work and i hope you and you skoda will be just as happy[:)]

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Simon, i really feel for you. i know what a sickener it must be seeing it being driven(i have to suffer the indignity of seeing my ex drive around in mine), till i get a v6 of my own. if yours had been a v6 i would have been delighted to take it off your hands as i want another now and yours was a truly exceptional example.

but on the bright side your skoda input will be eagerly awaited as my new woman is looking at octavia vrs's so keep up the good work and i hope you and you skoda will be just as happy[:)]
You should have told me mate, I would gladly have watched you fit a VR6 engine in there, that was what she really needed, LOL!!!

I really appreciate your comments mate.

As for the Skoda Club, I will let you know of any mods that I do which could be used on the Octy!!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Could have at least taken the front lip off and sold it to me for a damn good price!
I don't think that the new owner would be happy about not having the lip on th front, LOL!!

You would only scrape it anyway, LOL!!

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LOL you probably haven't read the thread, but mines been nicked [:(] Yes though, I would scrape it, lots!
Where the thread mate?

You not screw it to the bumper then or did they un-screw it?

·
Registered
843 Posts
easy matey

soz to see it go, but you know your moving onwards and upwards (it did sound awsome when I was behind you going to the show in Northants)

do keep around

speak to ya soon

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
easy matey

soz to see it go, but you know your moving onwards and upwards (it did sound awsome when I was behind you going to the show in Northants)

do keep around

speak to ya soon
Funny you should say that, I noticed how good it sounded when it was being driven away, LOL!!

·
Registered
843 Posts
lol I did that with my last car, peopel used to say to me it sounds sweet but cause you hear it every day you get used to it, then off it went down the street and its like that sounds awsome!!!! hehehe

Never mind matey sure you'll do just as good job on your new one

1 - 20 of 20 Posts