Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 249 Posts

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I often wonder whether spending money and time on a car is worth it.

To avoid getting dents park it in a car park well away from all the other cars and someone parks right up close to you when there's hundreds of empty spaces.

Leave it on the road some chav knob tool will run a key down the side out of jealousy, or will pinch something off it.

Although I wont let the scum underclass dictate how I lead my life, having something nice attracts the thieving / damaging vultures of society. If I had a battered old 1.1 Fiesta I wouldn't give a toss where I left my car but I haven't and I do.

If only we lived in a society where drug addict thieving non-productive parasite snot nose snivelling turd scum had their hands chopped off, we could all leave our pride and joy without fear of returning to find it either damaged, on bricks or stolen.

Maybe I should run for parliament.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
I second that! Good speech [:D]

The area I live in isnt amazing, and at night even the slightest beep and I'm at the window checking theres no-one around my car... It comes to something when you cant even leave your car on your own driveway and feel safe... [:(]

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
easy!! some of my best friends are?drug addict thieving non-productive parasite snot nose snivelling turd scum!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
hear hear!

In the words of Alan Partridge 'Scum, sub-human scum'

I find it hard to relax whenever I leave my car anywhere....

Id vote for you!

K

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Its a lump of metal... the reason we pay insurance ...

I try very hard not to fret over my car. learnt it of my dad he treats his ferrari with the same regard, at the end of the day worrying can ruin the experience so dont worry and if something happens just fix it... you really have to take a step back and think IF it gets damaged what will I do... fix it... so is that such a great problem, and should worrying about possibly having to rectify damage in the future that ruin your enjoyment???

·
Registered
115 Posts
Keyed twice now all down the drivers side doors- Im not so much worried about that as the fact that my thoughts of retribution are extremely strong+im already thinking of lowering myselves past the murky depths in which these people make their habitat........

you cant have anything remotely nice in life without someone wanting to take it or break it!!!!

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Its a lump of metal... the reason we pay insurance ...

I try very hard not to fret over my car. learnt it of my dad he treats his ferrari with the same regard, at the end of the day worrying can ruin the experience so dont worry and if something happens just fix it... you really have to take a step back and think IF it gets damaged what will I do... fix it... so is that such a great problem, and should worrying about possibly having to rectify damage in the future that ruin your enjoyment???
very troo, i dont let it spoil my enjoyment, i guess im just very thoughtful of where I leave it, and try to minimise any problems [:)]

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Thats one thing I dont miss since I sold the Golf for my full time jalopy!

Don't miss having to be careful where I park. Don't miss looking out the window when I hear a noise. Don't miss washing it only to find yet another scratch/scuff/ding (infact I don't miss having to wash it if the truth is known!) and I don't miss paying the insurance premium for a nice car and having to worry about what happens if I bend it.

And the funny thing is, a ?500 12 year old Reno has been faultlessly reliable touch wood, which is more than I could say for the Golf...

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
And the funny thing is, a ?500 12 year old Reno has been faultlessly reliable touch wood, which is more than I could say for the Golf...
Here here! Mind you my Rovers developed a boost leak, but thats due to me turning up the boost too much [:D]

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hope this is just a general rant and not provoked by something having happened to your car...
Just a rant Cat, felt much better for gettng it off my chest [:)]

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Then you have the a**holes that park over 2 spaces in car parks which can often mean other people cannot get parked.

Nobody likes getting their car dented, keyed or damaged, but IMO, these 2 space hoggers deserve it more than anyone. If we all parked over 2 spaces, there would be a severe shortage of spaces.

·
Super Moderator
9,133 Posts
I agree, the annoying little chav's always use to mess about with my car, until i went out and had a go. Messing with my wheels they were, dont know why though.

I hate kids these days so much, always loud mouth'd and annoying when they are with they stupid little friends, but when they are alone, that is a different story...

I think maybe their hands/fingers should be cut off if they are caught stealing, or damaging someone elses property. Not just given ASBOs (which are now worn as a badge of pride!!)

1 - 20 of 249 Posts